Alexa Chung for Madewell

some details

coutorture.com

I wonder what Anna Wintour thought of this collection?)

Last edited by a moderator:
I wonder what Anna Wintour thought of this collection?)

"not enough fur"

My wants:
polka-dot dress
Brown velvet dress
light pink pleated dress
stripey top
black sandals
coat with velvet trim

*sellls granny*

one of the dresses is a ripoff of the dress on the cover of hole's album "my body the hand grenade" courtney also wore the dress on the cover of spin magazine.

here is the front cover
musicline.de

Attachments

• HOLE_MY+BODY+THE+HAND+GRENADE_724384481421.jpg
    HOLE_MY+BODY+THE+HAND+GRENADE_724384481421.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 315
Sorry, but a lot of these clothes I wore back in the early to mid 90's... including clogs. I don't know, for me the whole thing is a repeat of what many of us wore 18-20 years ago that apparently is now "in style."

Nothing new.

Nothing inspiring.

Just a rehashed collection that the kids of the parents who wore them years ago are now wearing.

I actually don't mind these looks, even though they are a little bit old fashioned. I do love clogs, but you can find similar shoe styles at Zara right now so I'm wondering why the price point is so much higher.. Other than Chung's celebrity of course. Very feminine collection, nice. :smile:

^ I don't see any really obvious rip-offs (as happened with Kate Moss for Topshop)?

haha, what? i'm not saying it's a bad thing, because i think the collection is purposefully a "get alexa's closet for less!" type of concept exactly like kate's topshop range was supposed to be, but for basically every single look i've seen it's blatantly obvious that either individual pieces are watered down versions of stuff she's been photographed in or are duplicates of whole outfits she's worn. i don't think it's any worse than what kate/topshop did (which i didn't really see much wrong with tbh) and yeah most of it wasn't anything original to begin with (e.g. the clogs, as were already mentioned) but i think it's silly to deny the obvious "over-inspiration."

that being said, there's some stuff i do like, but yeah most of the models look horrible so i would definitely want to try it on first :/

haha, what?
Obviously, the collection is nothing new or groundbreaking - she's not a designer. Of course the collection is inspired by her own style - that was the point. However, I just don't see really obvious designer rip-offs (the original point was that designers would be annoyed by her). The dress on the Hole cover looks like any other vintage-y peter pan collar dress.

A few looks that weren't posted by wwd
mlx_fw10_078.jpg
mlx_fw10_081.jpg

grazia.au

Last edited by a moderator:
love those 2!

the only thing i really despise is the flat shoes really :lol:

Does anyone know if people in the UK will be able to buy anything from this collection? It will break my heart if not :-(

Nice collection, and it really screams " ALEXA "!
I didn't expect her to do a collection though, I really thought she wanted her style to stay kind of " indie " or something... Unexpected, but nice.

^ I :heart: the video, her jokes always makes me laugh or at least smile

Really really dig the styling, I think she did a pretty good job and all the clothes are sweet and pretty and I can definitely see myself wearing every piece in one way or another.

That said, I don't think there's a single original garment that you wouldn't be able to buy elsewhere for much cheaper that wouldn't have the same exact result. There's not really any unique signature piece that couldn't be recreated effectively with vintage frocks/high street odds and ends IMO :ninja:

But hey, if I had the cash, that velvet dress and all them shoes would be mine :heart:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Realktz
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"