made me think of lee's lowrider
bum cleavage pieces
just a little bit.
the more tailored
suiting is outstanding.
and new, really.
love those red/white
asymmetrical jackets.:heart:

I don't get how people might actually like it. I think it is Burton's one of the weakest collections to date. One big recycled mix of references from the previous collection - same colours and silhouettes - mingled with 'A Girl Who Lived In A Tree'. There's no sense of that McQueen-y drama / avant garde / showmanship. It all lacks the consistency of storytelling. I find Burton way too girly for this brand lately. And that denim was soo tackyyyy! Ugh. I enjoyed jewelry however, and those white/red jackets.

Not feeling it. The tailoring with the body chains felt so Ann Demeulemeester and the floral full length dresses felt so Valentino.

Not sure what's so special about these rather surface level "pretty" clothes. I continue to be skeptical of Sarah Burton...she lacks any clear, strong voice to me, and doesn't seem to be on any kind of pulse.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not feeling it. The tailoring with the body chains felt so Ann Demeulemeester and the floral full length dresses felt so Valentino.

Not sure what's so special about these rather surface level "pretty" clothes. I continue to be skeptical of Sarah Burton...she lacks any clear, strong voice to me, and doesn't seem to be on any kind of pulse.

She just can't let go of those ruffles can she?

I felt this season was a lot closer to something that vaguely resembled the influence of McQueen though - the strongest pieces being that embroidered denim coat and that abstract red and white military coat.. though these, and the nude almost non-existent chiffon embroidered dresses that followed felt as if a pin had been stabbed into some random pictures from the archives.

I do think this might be her best collection to date, but I still need the sinister, creepy, provocative side. Pretty is not enough when doing McQueen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->