Alexander McQueen S/S 2016 Paris

one of burton's better collections since there seems to be some restraint. its never going to be mcqueen, she is getting better at creating her own vision without feeling the need to add everything and the kitchen sink.

I love the nod to 'Irene' at the end too!

Strange...It doesn't seem like anything new from her but I really like it. I'll echo the sentiment that it might be her best offering for McQueen. It feels more organic and not as overworked as she can be. Also, that hair and make up is gorgeous.

One of Burton's better collections, I love the looks with the embroidery and denim, though look 29 instantly reminded me of Margiela couture aw13. it still feels like Burton hasn't found her voice at the brand without McQueen, its just coasting.

the first two dresses are amazing. then it goes back to same-old silhouettes and embellishments... but the final part - post denim / patchwork - gets interesting again, probably her best work in ages.
i really like the throwback to lee's oyster dress in the final look. it's very sarah but it also has that old mcqueen feel, more so than pretty much everything else she's done so far, i think. i'm pleasantly surprised by most of this

Some of the looks and their hair reminded me of Widows of Culloden from FW06 and the closing look was probably her version of the famous Oyster Dress from SS03.

Stunning collection! I absolutely adore this. I have always liked her work at McQueen despite what's been said around. This time around though, it felt more "McQueen" than ever. Those denim pieces are just wonderful. It should do well both commercially and critically.

Flawless Best collection from Sarah.
Effortlessly Beautiful in every pieces.

Another beautiful collection by Sarah and it did feel very referential both to her own work and Lee. It's a good mix of old and new and those stunning embroidered denim pieces were a lovely surprise. I would have preferred some more of her avant-garde pieces because they're always so incredible but maybe I'm just being selfish. That said, it's perfect for S/S and although not my faovourite collection by her, I still love it.

Wow, this really does feel like an Alexander McQueen collection. This is beautiful.

I love all the jewellery!

i am bored of these kind of clothes

the only brand that excites me who does it in paris is valentino

Feels like nothing special and I'm seeing the same silhouettes again and again. But better than most other collections this season. What an awful season!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amywhiffen
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->