Alexander McQueen F/W 2015.16 Paris

marcBarna

Reaction score
Alexander-Mcqueen-RTW-FW15-Paris-2573-1426013521-bigthumb.jpg

nowfashion.com

A strong collection from Sarah! Darker and more defined than many of her past shows. I like to see this mix of strength and delicacy in McQueen clothing. Love the use of the light pink on many of the looks. And the high collars/chokers are good as ever.
I do wish she would stop using so much lace, but that's a personal preference. I think she's too direct in associating it with femininity. Same goes for those ruffles that we see repeatedly on dresses and shirts. Lots of this is very similar to her past work, even the color palette.
Absolutely love the hair and makeup, too.

To avoid beating a dead horse, I think we should collectively be past comparing her to Lee. For the sake of her work and his legacy. She does a great job at the house.

Last edited by a moderator:
Rose Dresses worn by Stella Lucia and Anna Grostina are sublime. It does feel like Lee' old collection, so much darker and violent than Sarah's recent work.

Whoa Sarah went H.A.M on folks with this one. Like this a lot, very strong start.

The hair, makeup and a lot of the collection looks too... kooky. A sort of contrived and try-hard eccentricity that seems inspired by Tim Burton. Also brings to mind Thom Browne's kooky and contrived work.

It really frustrates me that Burton repeats her silhouettes throughout her collections, it's like a two-by-two procession. There's nothing innovative here. SS15 was much better

it started off great, i thought wow this is elegant and something new for her, and then the rest happened. same old silhouettes, shapes, embellishments, only in a darker mood and different colors. the rose dresses are borderline marchesa territory.
however, i really do love the outerwear.

Like always, it has no soul. Still it's one of her better collections.

I don't entirely hate this. It's not great but it's not nearly as overwrought as Burton's work can often be, and something about the can-can dancer in hell vibe kinda works for me.

McQueen is so boring now. I didn't even remembered they had a show.
The brand is stuck...
McQueen used to be about colors,excitment, madness and great cut. Lee did some clothes which looked like costumes but they were costumes you were excited to see or even wear.
This is ridiculous.

I hate to say that but for me, this is irrelevant. Seriously, who is still wearing McQueen?
And all the Alaia silhouettes...Lee was inspired by Alaia but at McQueen boutiques, some of the dresses are exactly like Alaia's.

Let's not compare to Lee for a moment: these designs are pretty and maybe there's something in here that I'd like to wear, but they're forgettable. This looks like just another Parisian brand that most people won't know unless they're into fashion like we are. Indeed, these clothes have no soul.
Back to comparing it to Lee: this very boring and soulless.
I feel like Sarah Burton, like bill gaytten, they're just dress makers, they're not designers. It seems like her only reason for making clothes is because she has to, she has nothing to say or express. And it's so noticeable because Lee was all about emotion and expression. These clothes are just hollow and vacant.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amywhiffen
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->