Alexander Wang S/S 2016 by Steven Klein

What a hideous campaign. This should be next to the word pretentious in the dictionary.

I only like the shots with Anna and Lexi in it. The shots with Hanne and her boyfriend, Molly and Peyton are beyond awful. I can't even look at it.

I don't like all of the models in the campaign but I like all of the shots. I really like the vibe it transports!

i love the energy in these images. i dont think alex is trying hard at all. the people in the campaign are probably doing exactly what they do on the weekends. Its not groundbreaking because this feels like what a lot of my friends do, and i dont think he was trying to be groundbreaking.

it just feels like they had a lot of fun making this, and i appreciate that. why do ads need to promote fantasy? cant they just be real? Wang was never a brand that was trying to be this ultra luxury staple, hes always been for the downtown girls. these are downtown girls/guys.

i love the energy in these images. i dont think alex is trying hard at all. the people in the campaign are probably doing exactly what they do on the weekends. Its not groundbreaking because this feels like what a lot of my friends do, and i dont think he was trying to be groundbreaking.

it just feels like they had a lot of fun making this, and i appreciate that. why do ads need to promote fantasy? cant they just be real? Wang was never a brand that was trying to be this ultra luxury staple, hes always been for the downtown girls. these are downtown girls/guys.

Exactly. Hanging out in your apartment, drinking, smoking joints and eating junk food is hardly try hard or groundbreaking. It's a pretty standard night when I see my friends during the week. Hanne, a Anna, Lexi, Binx and Issa are best friends who hang out very regularly and I don't really get why people think that just because they are successful fashion models that they don't do the exact same stuff as everyone else with their friends.

He's being real, he is showing his real groups of friends being exactly like normal people in their 20s who like to have fun - in his designs. As a 23 year old I can connect with that much more than most other campaigns where 17 year olds are made to look like 30 year olds dressing in perfect clothes and not being presented as the young people they are.

Stella Lucia, Molly Bair & Diego Villarreal

instagram/wangsquad

The most contrived campaign I've ever seen. it must have taken an inordinate amount of work to fake this "authenticity". I feel sorry for kids nowdays, they are reduced to aping the youth of other generations, everyone is so self conscious that nobody knows the charm of being natural.

i usually dislike stuff like this, but it's really well shot so i love it and i love basically everything in this seasons collection so :heart:

Ugh, tell me about it! This is just some inferior replica of 90's heroin chic. It seems Wang forgot, or was too preoccupied with his head in the fashion clouds, why that vibe was exorcised out of the industry in the 90's to begin with. It's a despicable aesthetic to push, and I'd hate to think what was on their moodboard.

Totally! Really generic - has anyone else reached peak nineties yet? - and out of touch with an international brand like Alexander Wang and someone who has designed for Balenciaga.

The Wang look and vibe was instrumental in kicking off the streetwear/athleisure look but now it's just dated, the same thing being pushed season after season. It's lazy and boring.

Exactly. Hanging out in your apartment, drinking, smoking joints and eating junk food is hardly try hard or groundbreaking. It's a pretty standard night when I see my friends during the week. Hanne, a Anna, Lexi, Binx and Issa are best friends who hang out very regularly and I don't really get why people think that just because they are successful fashion models that they don't do the exact same stuff as everyone else with their friends.

He's being real, he is showing his real groups of friends being exactly like normal people in their 20s who like to have fun - in his designs. As a 23 year old I can connect with that much more than most other campaigns where 17 year olds are made to look like 30 year olds dressing in perfect clothes and not being presented as the young people they are.

Isn't Kaia Crawford 14?? That's so wrong.

Yeah and I wish she wasn't in it, I don't know why she was even there. Most of the people in the shots are very close friends at their apartments going about their normal lives and she is just so random. I guess everyone needs one celebrity offspring name to generate buzz, there are no designers anymore who don't sink that low.

I love it. The best campaign of the season. Conservatives do not know anything about style and aesthetic.:lol:

So I have only had positive things to say so far until I saw Alice Metza's new images on wangsquad and alexanderwangny. I love her as a model but wtf..

a 14 year old girl at a cake shop and in a dance studio is inappropriate? Also, not all of the images are depicting drug and party crazed adults. Alice Glass is at a pet store and record store. Also, Molly and Stella's shots together with the guy are them at a gas station, possibly insinuating a road trip?

Maybe I'm just being nostalgic for a time when fashion itself and fashion advertising specifically weren't so goddamn boring and serious, buy I kinda love this. It reminds me somewhat of Terry Richardson's Sisley campaigns from the late 90s/early 00s, as well as his Gucci campaign with Natasa Vojnovic and Erin Wasson from 2001.

And I'm sorry to have to point out the obvious here, but this entire campaign speaks directly to his market. I mean these do look and feel like the sort of Instagram uploads you'd see from any number of fashion obsessed, party loving millennial living in Bushwick, Bed Stuy, LES, West Harlem....anywhere, and spending more money than they can really afford on designer goods. Only an idiot would ignore his target audience.

a 14 year old girl at a cake shop and in a dance studio is inappropriate? Also, not all of the images are depicting drug and party crazed adults. Alice Glass is at a pet store and record store. Also, Molly and Stella's shots together with the guy are them at a gas station, possibly insinuating a road trip?

:lol: well said.

Stella Lucia, Molly Bair & Diego Villarreal

instagram/wangsquad

Alice Glass & Alice Metza

instagram/wangsquad

yes in the context of the other pics it is. alice has her tongue out between her fingers in one pic and a crotch shot in short shorts in another. so ya.

yes in the context of the other pics it is. alice has her tongue out between her fingers in one pic and a crotch shot in short shorts in another. so ya.
And lord knows no teenage girl would ever be exposed to something so naughty and inappropriate IRL. After all, they're too busy churning butter and learning how to be a humble, faithful wife and mother to know about sexual hand gestures. :rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ericbaig68
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->