Alexander Wang 'Do Something' Campaign by Steven Klein

khyrk

Oh Yeah!
Reaction score
To celebrate Alexander Wang's 10th anniversary, the designer has created a charity T-Shirt in partnership with one of the largest organisations supporting youth and social change, DoSomething.org.

Renowned photographer Steven Klein shot a series of portraits (38 total) of people whom Alexander Wang admires and who "influence youth with a strong, relevant voice."

Pascal Dangin of KiDS Creative is the Creative Director for this project, which was photographed in London, Los Angeles and New York.

Wang designed co-branded DoSomething hoodies and T-shirts, which were worn by all participants in their own, personal style. The Alexander Wang x DoSomething hoodies and T-shirts will be available exclusively in Alexander Wang stores worldwide and on www.alexanderwang.com starting today.

50% of the retail price of these items will go to DoSomething.org with the objective to raise both funding and awareness, as they continue to grow their message on a global scale.

The Do Something T-Shirt is priced at $50 (£36), and the hoodie is $75 (£69).

Here we have the complete list of participants (in alphabetical order:( A$AP Rocky, Alice Glass, Alison Mosshart, Aluna Francis, Angel Haze, Anna Ewers, Behati Prinsloo, Beth Ditto, Cara Delevingne, Danny Fuller, Daria Werbowy, Fei Fei Sun, Gemma Ward, Georgia May Jagger, Grimes, HAIM, Jhené Aiko, Joan Smalls, Kanye West, Kate Moss, Kim Kardashian West, Koa Smith, Kristen Wiig, Lara Stone, Lauren Hutton, Lykke Li, Mariel Hemingway, Natasha Poly, Pamela Anderson, Pascal Dangin Pusha T, Raquel Zimmermann, Rod Stewart, Steven Klein, Taraji P. Henson, The Weeknd, Tyga

KATE-MOSS--AW-X-DO-SOMETHIN_960x1440_1.jpg

KIM-KARDASHIAN-WEST---AW-X-_960x1440_1.jpg

11921988_10153465810470932_1192323700_n.jpg

alexander-wang-do-something-10th-anniversary-campaign-32-960x640.jpg

Do%20Something%20Montage_1080x1080.jpg

Glamour UK|Yahoo|High Snobiety

Last edited by a moderator:
Everyone makes sense but Tyga... I think Kris Jenner pulled some strings for that one.

Some of these are really cool. Loving Pamela's shot the most

I like Fei Fei the most, she looks tough.

I love these shootings except Cara and Kim

Dead. I must get one in black. The model choices are soo good and the celebrities will bring their niche cadre of hypebeasts to diffuse their excitement into the general masses. I'm happy Behati finally got a Wang ad.

Outfits are so simple but the models make this campaign so much more powerful and interesting

Pamela's shot looks the best so far. Tacky to the max, but I like it. And the youth of today are mad about Rod Stewart? Probably not. But they are the ones who 'Wang admires and who "influence youth with a strong, relevant voice"', so I guess that's fine. Not sure how I feel about this new trend of photographers fronting campaign and covers.

Over the years I've seen so many of these campaigns, whether they actually have an impact other than highlighting a brand and shifting a few t-sh*ts with mediocre messages, I dont know. Because to me this is just another little vanity project with an opportunity for Wang to flaunt his pets.

Outfits are so simple but the models make this campaign so much more powerful and interesting

I think that fairly and accurately describes Wang's career in one sentence.

This may be for charity, but I think most people still would appreciate something more-- design-wise; like the graphic designs of Marc's "Protect The Skin You're In" tees. I know Wang ripped off American Apparel for much of the start of his career, but now that he's huge, how about making a slight effort with these charity tees and hoodies rather than just continue to rip off AA?

I'd like Wang to "DO SOMETHING... MORE" when it comes to design.

What a truly bizarre moment when I say that Pamela Anderson took the best pic of this whole bunch.

And it's really saying something when many of the other pics are also fantastic.

Pretty much loving all the models images, can do without the rest, with the exception of Pamela's. That shot is pretty dang cool.

why is everyone surprized that Pam Anderson took a good pic. She has always taken awesome pics even during her bikini soft core career

459af5efc0985b92bbdf8f9c5724ee2051b08b612a599.jpg

staragora.com

I wish it was just the models.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vejjehejrh
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->