Patricia Field for Payless

Based on what I've seen (though this is an old thread), it's still pretty interesting that not everyone are wearing super-expensive clothes from big-name makers. Expensive style for less. Now what girl wouldn't want that? Having said this, a lot of Ms. Field's shoes look pretty nice. Making your own clothes and going to a high-class event... you're getting love from me if you can look as stylish as anyone with a romantic pair of $600+ pumps or sandals. It's win-win in my view.

I got Golden Pumps. I love them. And, it was cool because the fashionistas(sp) knew they were Pat Field. Ok..My anger towards her company is slowly disappearing...

holiday shoes from coutorture.com

Attachments

• pat1.jpg
    pat1.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 3
  • pat2.jpg
    pat2.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 2
Let me go along the lines of the Patricia Field collection as of this link: < http://payless.resultspage.com/search?w=Patricia Field >.

* I can immedialtely see the Cha-Cha Fringe Boot being an option for those who want to wear skinny jeans with boots over them simply because of the fringe top. The boots seem to suggest wearing them into jeans. Visit the "Jeans Tucked Into Boots" thread for the LONG version of how I think of the look.

* The Conga Boot is a lovely ankle boot. That's even if you don't like the studs at the top. These boots would even be lovely even if they were pumps or sandals. I would have liked these in brown (not olive), white, and maybe even red (because red is hot!).

* The gladiator-style Salsa Sandals look okay in pewter and a bit mediocre in brown. I wished they'd come in more exciting and interesting colors. I usually immediately think red when I think of salsa. I would have even liked them if they were black, magenta, black with white accents, black with white and magenta accents, gold, or even silver (not pewter). Also would like them if they were a patent leather or perhaps satin. The sandals themselves are fine. But if this was "Yay or Nay," I'd say "Yay" to the sandals, but ultimately "Nay" because negatives outweighs positives for me to like these sandals.

Overall, not a bad collection. Some disappointments, but ultimately some styles you can really be excited about.

Unfortunately, a lot of designers seem to be so unused to cheaper quality materials (or just don't care, perhaps?) that they simply fail at designing pieces that make the best of it. Flashy and complicated designs emphasize low-end materials such as pleather and synthetic "silk" materials. Looks good in press photos but almost always disappointing in person.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->