All About Eyebrows

Originally posted by Boudoir Belle@Dec 16 2003, 10:54 PM
trimming them sounds scary to me
[snapback]122465[/snapback]​

It's safe! I've even heard it's a trick that makeup artists use sometimes.

I've used this site: www.eyebrowz.com for inspiration when I go to my beautician and have my brows fixed. But paying for their stencils :rolleyes: ..

MAC Makes a clear brow gel - I swear by it. Its either $9.50 or $11

I do trim my eyebrows - They get too long if I don't. I use a clean mascara wand and brush up (or down) then with the wand in place I trim just above it. It keeps me from cutting too short.

Originally posted by studiolife@Sep 29 2004, 03:34 PM
MAC Makes a clear brow gel - I swear by it. Its either $9.50 or $11
[snapback]379594[/snapback]​

i've been using covergirl's clear macara and it works great. i have really sparse brows but even the clear mascara on them makes them look more defined... i also use it to tame baby hairs

Originally posted by desertrose05@Sep 30 2004, 01:19 AM
Has anyone tried Rogaine? I remember reading an article about it in Allure I think, but now I don't remember it. Do you use the Men's or Women's version? I overplucked my eyebrows the other day and I'm afraid they're not going to come back!
[snapback]379372[/snapback]​

i haven't tried Rogain, but i've put some lash strengthening and growing mascara on my eyebrows and they definitely got darker :flower:

I can't believe I'm going to admit this, but I am an eyebrow fiend, so here goes.

I do not shape my own, I will pay someone else to do it because I can't stop myself.

And I spray a brow brush with aquanet, then brush them down.

Those suckers aren't moving anywhere.

aquanet is my friend.
i use the hairspray on a brow brush technique, as well.
i figure why not, i always have it on hand for my hair anyways (like, in my house i mean, i don't carry around a can of aquanet wherever i go :smile: ...)
never had a problem...

as for trimming, though, i have no advice.. my eyebrows have gotten to be pretty low maintainence after a few inital pluckings....

I want this girls eyes brows!
But letting them grow and all this waiting is the worse!

Originally posted by Golden_butterfly@Oct 3 2004, 06:39 PM
[snapback]383648[/snapback]​

oh gawd, i want those too...

I'm afraid to pluck my eyebrows. :ninja: They aren't very big or dark at all and while I know that a bit of careful shaping would probably look good, I'm afraid that I'll have no eyebrows left if I try. :cry:

I have these huge brows (think Anouck Lepere). I need to pluck them at least 3 times a week they grow out like crazy.

I am not very satisfied with their overall shape (I have the feeling that one brow is slightly longer than the other - though everybody says I am paranoing) but I don't have the courage to let them grow out all the way and have them plucked professionnally. :shock: I have these dark brows and lots! :ninja:

Though I NEED to trim them (they grow downwards and look weird on the side) but I just don't have the courage to do that. I don't want to mess them up.

I need to try the gel thing to keep them in place, but does it make your hair more fragile? Because I loose so many eyelashes from wearing mascara.... ...so I don't feel like loosing my brow hair as well. :doh:

Originally posted by Golden_butterfly@Oct 3 2004, 04:39 AM
[snapback]383648[/snapback]​

I have eyebrows just like that... I am very picky with my eyebrows and I do not touch them.. around my house are salons that thread your eyebrows for you. So I usually go there to get them done. However, the last two times I went, first the lady made them way tooo thin... so I grew them out ... I went there for a second time... this other lady made them even worse.. and i even told her before she started to not make them thin.. so here i am again.. growing out my eyebrow.. :(

I like to use GOT2B stick to tame my eyebrows.

I had one bad experience where I over plucked one side...ever since then, I like to pay 10$ at my salon and have the wonderful Arabic lady, Lisa, pluck them for me and compliment my eyes! :smile:

Its your safest bet!

Don´t forget that the trick to have beautiful brows is not to want the same of some model or picture that you saw.

Eyebrows frame the face and they should be in harmony with you, people with too much space between the eyes should not overpluck in between them and people with little space between the eyes should pluck a bit more.
And don´t forget that most of the people already have a natural brow line, take a good look at your brows and take it from here.

The eyebrows should never be plucked on the upper part that´s why no one should use stencils. And besides, the angle is made taking in care that you make an angle between the side of the nostril and the centre of the pupil of the eye.

As for trimming, it´s tricky but not that tricky. All you have to do is to brush your brows upward and what comes extra besides the natural line you should cut. Then do the same brushing the brow downwards. Don´t cut to straight or you´ll look funny.

Another thing, never wax!
Waxing pulls up the skin and it can make skin flacid. It´s always best to pluck with a good pair of tweezers like the Tweezerman ones. :wink:

Originally posted by sofialuv@Oct 25 2004, 01:33 PM

The eyebrows should never be plucked on the upper part that´s why no one should use stencils. And besides, the angle is made taking in care that you make an angle between the side of the nostril and the centre of the pupil of the eye.

[snapback]406375[/snapback]​

Common myth. Ask any REAL professional about the rule of plucking on the upper part...They'll tell you some over zealous brow plucker made it up

In fact i am a professional.
I learn it from the best make up artist in Portugal who taught me when i did my make up course where i also learned how to pluck eyebrows.

Of course there are professionals who pluck the upper part but there are also professionals who wax. You can do whatever you want and be a professional, i just did learn it this way and it was a professional who taught me. :flower:

Originally posted by sofialuv@Oct 26 2004, 01:09 PM
In fact i am a professional.
I learn it from the best make up artist in Portugal who taught me when i did my make up course where i also learned how to pluck eyebrows.

Of course there are professionals who pluck the upper part but there are also professionals who wax. You can do whatever you want and be a professional, i just did learn it this way and it was a professional who taught me. :flower:
[snapback]407276[/snapback]​
Sorry that came out rude. Its just that there is no reasoning behind the not plucking on the top.

Some of us are forced to because of hairlines and face shape.

yeah I've also had estiticians say not to pluck the upper part because for the most part it is unnecessary and secondly because it is more painful. I also find that it is more noticable on people when it grows in.

Make eyebrows " longer " ?

My eyebrows are quite short, now I'm wondering how I can make them look
" longer " ?

I also heard colouring my eyebrows one shade lighter will make my
eyes appear bigger, true or untrue ?

That is soooo true!!!
Yesterday i did mine. I used a bleaching cream proper for face use.
It makes the face more luminous and the eyes seam to show more on the face.

I have been doing this for quite a while now and the other day i discovered that is really a beauty trick as i saw it on the Kevyn Aucoin book.

As for the product to make eyebrows lokk longer i advice some eyebrow pencil smudged with a proper brush. But recently i tried an Yves Saint Laurent product that i found out to be really good. It´s called Eyebrow Enancer. :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sl4vicd0ll
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->