Amber Heard Files for Divorce from Johnny Depp

liaa

Reaction score
By George Stark @GeorgeStark_05/25/2016 AT 06:00 PM EDT

Amber Heard has filed for divorce from Johnny Depp after 15 months of marriage, PEOPLE can confirm.

Heard, 30, filed a divorce petition on Monday citing irreconcilable differences. The actress is asking for spousal support from Depp, 52, according to the documents obtained by PEOPLE.

The couple married in February last year after first meeting on the set of 2011's The Rum Diary.

Reps for the couple were not immediately available for comment.

In December last year, Heard addressed split rumors to Marie Claire saying: "I try not to react to the horrible misrepresentation of our lives, but it is strange, and hard."

The pair went public with their relationship the following year after Depp announced his split from partner of 14 years Vanessa Paradis.

On Wednesday, news also emerged that Depp’s mother, Betty Sue Palmer, has died, ET reports.

people.com

That sure didn't take long ... would love to know why he made the decision to do this in the first place.

I'm surprised to see her asking for spousal support. Can she only get the money he made during their marriage?

I believe that's for dividing property in a community property state ... I think a request for spousal support implies a disparity in their income (not surprising). I'm not an expert on CA family law ... I believe it is unique.

Haha aw..

so not surprised to see her asking for money..

That sure didn't take long ... would love to know why he made the decision to do this in the first place.

I mean, she was clearly his midlife crisis after the divorce. They always seemed like such an odd couple.

But since when do you marry your midlife crisis, when you didn't marry Kate, Vanessa, or any other long-term significant other? That's what continues to puzzle me ...

If Google is correct, it appears he had one other short-term marriage back in the 80s when he was quite young ... and then skipped multiple decades before doing it again.

He honestly has a terrible luck in relationships. If rumours are true his relationship with Vanessa was terrible and they were separated for quite a while before finally divorcing. He then runs off to marry this B-list girl who I didn't even knew before she married her. He just needs to get his s*** together..

Last edited by a moderator:
He and Vanessa never divorced, because they were never married. He married a makeup artist at 20--that lasted a couple years. He's been engaged since then--to Jennifer Grey, Winona Ryder, maybe Kate Moss--but never married again until Amber Heard.

This does seem like his midlife crisis, some men buy fancy sports cars while others get hot young wives. The asking for support part is strange since she really has no ties to him I would say (like she they don't have kids together or anything, I dunno about the relationship with the dogs and with his kids). I just mostly feel bad for his kids, and I feel like he needs some therapy. I've noticed (perhaps I'm wrong) that his daughter for whatever reason is seen mostly with her mom...perhaps because there's some stability there

I don't understand why she'd ask for money, that's so weird for someone her age. She's hasn't yet reached the peak of her career and can still make loads. Always believed you demand spousal support when you don't have the means to generate money on your own. Makes me wonder what exactly her motivations were to get with him in the first place.

I read that his family hated her. She filed for divorce like two days after his mother died.

I read that his family hated her. She filed for divorce like two days after his mother died.

Apparently also the kids and some in his inner circle (Manson?).

What's worst, he's also contesting the spousal support claim. Wonder how much she's asking for. Looks like it will get quite messy.

Manson hated her? Why? I remember his midlife crisis. :lol: Actually, a very similar midlife crisis. Poor Dita. :ermm:

I would bet more in his band members, although I don't see Alice Cooper like someone who would hate a woman without reason.

And there's logic to the kids hating her: their father left their mother for a 20 something young actress. And Amber always seems so cold.

He could've bought quite the fleet of sports cars and motorcycles for what this is gonna cost ...

The two days after his mother died part seems pretty cold to me. There may not be a great time to file divorce, but the same week? Seems like it could have waited for a couple seconds ... (That's assuming she even knew about it, which perhaps she might not have?)

Amber Heard reportedly accuses Johnny Depp of domestic violence

Published May 27, 2016 FoxNews.com

1342461464369032059.jpg

Amber Heard is reportedly accusing Johnny Depp of domestic violence.

The actress turned up in court on Friday with a bruise on her face, according to TMZ. Heard presented the court with photos of her with bruises, TMZ reports.

TMZ posted a photo of Heard with marks around her eye. The site reports the image was snapped Saturday night, after Heard says Depp hit her in the face with his iPhone.

According to multiple media reports, Heard has requested a temporary restraining order against Depp.

A rep for Depp did not immediately return FOX411’s request for comment on the domestic violence allegations.

Heard filed for divorce from Depp earlier this week, citing irreconcilable differences in her filing. The couple was married just 15 months. They met on the set of the 2011 flick “The Rum Diaries.”

After news of their divorce became public, a lawyer for Depp told news outlets, "Given the brevity of this marriage and the most recent and tragic loss of his mother, Johnny will not respond to any of the salacious false stories, gossip, misinformation and lies about his personal life. Hopefully the dissolution of this short marriage will be resolved quickly."

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainmen...ly-accuses-johnny-depp-domestic-violence.html

It makes perfect sense that he would marry her imo.. whenever people jump into laughable relationships that nobody (friends or relatives) take seriously, like these midlife crisis hookups with a huge age gap, busted affairs, rebounds, etc., they're always quick to validate it going as formal as they can be, since it all originates in pride and ego, they must prove everyone (including themselves) wrong...

Now watch him go into a series of model hookups, odd political statements and weird career choices as he progressively loses more hair and gathers uglier jewelry and leather vests. He's Mickey Rourke..

eta:* post above, oh my..

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, this sure got messy...

Amber Heard claims in legal docs during their entire relationship Johnny Depp was verbally and physically abusive, and she lays part of the blame on drug and alcohol abuse.

TMZ has obtained the legal docs Amber filed to support her claim that Johnny smashed an iPhone against her face Saturday night, which she claims triggered her move to file for divorce. As we reported, cops came but she declined to file a report.

Amber claims, before the alleged incident over the weekend -- during her birthday party at home last month Johnny showed up "inebriated and high." She says after the guests left, they argued and he threw a magnum-sized bottle of champagne at the wall and a wine glass at her. She says he grabbed her by the shoulders and pushed her onto the bed. She also says he grabbed her by the hair and shoved her to the floor.

Amber says she didn't see Johnny again for a month, until Saturday night. She says he was drunk and high again and they were talking about his mom's passing the day before. She says he "suddenly began obsessing" about something, got mad, grabbed the phone, "wound up his arm like a baseball pitcher and threw the cell phone at me striking my cheek and eye."

She claims he also pulled her hair and struck her, then she says he grabbed a magnum-sized bottle of wine, chugged some and then used the bottle to break objects around the house.
tmz

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thtrfh65
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->