Ashlee Simpson Files For DIVORCE From Pete Wentz

Erin

Iowa Girl Loves Fashion
Reaction score
TMZ has learned ... Ashlee Simpson just filed for divorce from hubby Pete Wentz.

In documents filed in L.A. County Superior Court, Simpson cites "irreconcilable differences" as the reason for the divorce.

She's asking for joint legal custody and primary physical custody of two-year-old Bronx.

Simpson, who is repped by disso queen Laura Wasser, is also asking for spousal and child support. Wentz is repped by Stacy Phillips.

Sources tell TMZ there is no prenup.

The couple married in May, 2008.

TMZ

More...

Whoa—Ashlee Simpson-Wentz Files for Divorce!

Some celebrity splits you see coming from a mile away. Others pretty much take everyone by surprise.

The combustion of Ashlee Simpson-Wentz and Pete Wentz falls into the latter category.

After nearly three years of marriage (and one adorable toddler), Ashlee filed for divorce from her Fall Out Boy hubby in Los Angeles Superior Court yesterday.

So what the heck happened?

Well, it certainly appears to be amicable.

"After careful consideration, we have made the difficult decision to file for divorce," the couple said in a joint statement. "We remain friends and deeply committed and loving parents to our son Bronx, whose happiness and well-being remains our number one priority. We ask that everyone honor our privacy as we navigate this next phase of our lives."

Simpson cited the ever popular irreconcilable differences in the paperwork, and while their date of separation was listed as "to be determined," the couple certainly hasn't shown any signs of a rift (though we can now chalk Ash's ever-shortening 'do up to a breakup haircut).

Late last week, the couple was spotted walking arm-in-arm around West Hollywood with their son and even more recently, Pete was singing his wife's praises to paparazzi, even teasing big plans for Valentine's Day. Over the weekend the duo was separated, as Wentz hosted a Super Bowl party solo, but Ashlee was apparently back on his mind at the start of the week.

"Dont forget 2 notice-when i look into the lil dudes eyes & smile, the way he loves," he tweeted Monday. "I realize @ashsimpsonwentz is a good moma + so much more."

Simpson, too, seemed smitten as recently as last month, tweeting, "@petewentz I already miss your handsome face!"

Which means if things went downhill, they must've gone downhill fast.

As for the particulars, the 26-year-old mama is also asking for the judge to award joint legal custody of their 2-year-old son Bronx, but is requesting sole physical custody of the boy, with child visitation to be given to Pete.

Ashlee is seeking spousal support from Wentz.

The couple wed on May 16, 2008 after two years of dating. They have no prenup.

E! Online

i dont know if i can believe this! a part of me doesn't want to :( theyre such a cute couple

I feel sorry for their child, not just because of the divorce but both parents are bad musicians :(

No joke, just last week I was (rather randomly) thinking, "Wow, they're still together..."

So the judge accepts their petition for a divorce but he rejects my petition to remove these two from public conciousness? RUDE!

I feel sorry for their child, not just because of the divorce but both parents are bad musicians :(

:lol:

No prenup. I always wonder why these "celebs" marry without prenups... and now Ashlee is seeking spousal support.

^Given what we know about their musicianship, who is the richer one of these two?

him, i'm sure.

EDIT: fall out boy did well in financial sense i think, and went longer, her career was short, no?

^I think Fall Out Boy has maybe had a more successful run overall. How many CD's did she wind up having? 2 or 3?

And I truly believe that neither her nor Jessica will ever have normal relationships because their dad is so weird. No one in that family is normal.

There actually is a prenup. Ashlee's dad made her sign one to avoid a repeat of the Jessica/Nick Lachey episode. And Pete is definitely worth more. I looked his earnings up online and his net worth is calculated at $18 million. Ashlee, on the other hand, is at a mere $6 million. Heck, she's still a lot richer than I am.

Last edited by a moderator:
but he still has to give something to her,right?
or not? for the baby? whos keeping the child?

I'm surprised it lasted, she seemed so much better and put together (mentally and emotionally) then he ever did.

And this is why you shouldn't have a shotgun wedding.

For some reason I'm really surprised. I never did understand their relationship (seemed so mismatched) but once they had a kid and got married I kinda thought it'd last for a little bit. Guess I was wrong.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Denisa Imeraj
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->