American Horror Story

^ I don't really know how that connects to coven, since Ryan Murphy said Season 2 is connected to 4 and season 4 is connected to 1.

Here is one theory on the Top Hate which is seen more then once in the show so far http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/11/04/american-horror-story-season-5_n_6096760.html

Elite13
^ Isn't one of them how one of the couples in Murder House were the Montgomerys and then we had Madison in Coven? Surely that has to be something..

I think that is definitely something The Montgomeries was the couple that gave basement abortions and Madison Montgomery is a celebrity so she comes from LA, where Murder House takes place.

I liked seeing all the back stories in this episode, especially Twisty's. I like the way it went with him and Edward. Now I can't wait to see what Dandy does.

Really liking the Patrick Bateman Dandy moment ... in his big room filled with cricket, an horse (love that), and animals, big lustre etc.

"One door closes, another opens. And This body is America. Strong, violent and full of limitless potential. (...) I would be the US Steel of murder. I am the Future."

So would he (Dandy) be linked to Kathy Bates' character in Coven - but torturing gay men ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Just when I was about to write this season off, the last two episodes have really started a fire for me. Really good.

Adored Jessica blowing off television! So clever, witty and surreal. And I really adore Dandy-- with the hustler that just won't die, and making Dandy feel "bad" for not dying is priceless. I'll watch this show just for Dandy.

Matt Bomer is so pretty, a shame that he died after only one episode... I like Dale's story and how he's with women who have masculine traits, I felt sorry for him :(
Dandy's story is the best so far imo, the actor does a great job :smile:

^ Yea I was hoping for more Matt Bomer.

Anyone else tired of Jesscia? Her character is always the same, poor Paul! You know she did that on purpose.

Dandy and his mom still make it a good episode, the idea of splitting the twins is interesting, I thought it would be impossible with their type of conjoined. Dandy seems to be like one who would try it.

The previous episode was so good with Angela and Micheal, sad to miss them this episode.

My heart broke when Ma Petite was pretending to be a butterfly in the big jar Maggie put her in.

Also I'm a bit annoyed with how they said that in this series once a character is dead, they're gone for good unlike in Coven but they're doing this thing where they kill a character and then we find out it's only a fantasy someone has etc. Like with the twins, I was so shocked when I saw them in the jar and then boom, just a fantasy.

It's a shame the show isn't really scary anymore, the way it was truly horrifying in season one. I feel much more interested in the drama aspect of the show now- especially what will happen to the twins. Also, Ma Petite is the cutest butterfly ever :D

My heart broke when Ma Petite was pretending to be a butterfly in the big jar Maggie put her in.

Also I'm a bit annoyed with how they said that in this series once a character is dead, they're gone for good unlike in Coven but they're doing this thing where they kill a character and then we find out it's only a fantasy someone has etc. Like with the twins, I was so shocked when I saw them in the jar and then boom, just a fantasy.

This! I'm hating the fanstasy scenes, why not actually make them happen? I'm glad Ma Petite is alive but I would not mind seeing her die or anyone really, that's the point of the show. Plus it would have been a good twist for Maggie.

I feel like we really don't have many freaks, now that the show is going in further and we are having some guests like NPH I do hope we get some new characters that are truly freakish.

I wish they would have used Matt more, but he nailed his role, hopfully he comes back next season along with Zachary Quinto.

And yes, Jessica can go, I'm so over her and her same role every season. Old insecure hag who is way past her prime trying to regain her former glory while being desperate for sex, alcohol and drugs.

Too many songs, not enough scares. It's getting like Glee, except with proper social outcasts.

^I loved Jimmy´s rendition of Come As You Are but I agree about the songs.
Ma Petite :cry:

^ No!! So Lily Rabe is coming soon? Ma Petite was sad, but we finally got an actual death.. I miss the scares. Murder House is still my favorite season. As much as I dislike their musical numbers I did like Evan's Nirvana

Bring back Twisty.

Excited to see if the twins get the operation, it seems more like a drama than a horror piece now.

it does seem like it's become more like soap opera than horror. there's not even an ounce of spooky since twisty was killed. even when ma petite was killed it was more sad than frightening.

i feel too like ive been brought down from first season - though i wouldn't say it was my favorite, because i didn't like the main female character. i dont even know her name. but she plays in a weird nashville or whatever other TV show ... and i associate her with that.

it's definitely nothing compared to season 2 - my favorite. but it follows the lack of horror of season 3. i would say since this season, they are more into "terror" than "horror" ...

i don't mind the lack of "horror" in any of the seasons, since actually I hate horror movies... and enjoy watching AHS ... I guess this would say something about horror in this TVshow - at least to me.

it is true that this serie is more weak than previous seasons, but how would you treat such a subject ? i feel most stories are very interesting.
that thing happening to the snake-tongue girl is awful ! and i would totally imagine a psycho father doing that to his daughter - or at least frighten her with a threat.
also dandy's story is quite interesting, and i cannot wait for more about him. how he is becoming a real psycho killer ... i'm sure we'll learn more about him and his father, hopefully (perhaps in a future serie).

i didn't care for the death of ma petite, at all !
though it was nice to see this little woman evolve for the first time on TV fiction.

jessica lange is perfect in these characters, and i love seeing this. she shows her acting range some other places, so if she keeps a certain similar character through the seasons, I don't mind and actually feel comfortable with this feeling. something you know you can hold onto.

The thing with Jessica is all her characters are the same.. all want to stay in the spotlight and will do anything to get fame/power.. like I love her but I wish Ryan would give her more to work with.

People are already speculating about the next series: Alice in Wonderland is a popular one. I'd be interested in that, if it was given a modern twist. And pls be scary this time.

yeah the last really dark and scary season was asylum even with the dreadful musical episode and the lame extraterrestrial aspect. AHS needs somebody like an alan ball who knows how to explore dark and humour with nuance. AHS sometimes can be like those shallow,predictable slasher films.

^ Alan Ball would make an interesting addition. I wonder what project he is working on next.

Last night's episode was good! I didn't see a lot of the deaths coming! I love when Ethel shot Elsa (?) through the wooden leg, the back story of the prosthetics is a good insight to Elsa. I feel for Jimmy, he needs to do something before everything falls apart. I have a feeling that is how the season will end.

Dandy is still my favorite! He really escalates in the next episode.

So there is only 3 more episodes? Lily Rabe is in the 10th episode and Neil Patrick Harris and his husband should be coming in soon.

They need to rename this show..

Horror should have me on the edge of my seat, flinching when someone gets killed etc. I still like it and I'll still watch it but it's just not scary.

Actually the scariest part of this season is the opening credits with the carnival music!

I knew the st death was coming but I somehow hoped it would actually be Elsa who hit the bucket. She's getting on my last nerve along with Jimmy.

I'm glad Desiree is getting more screen time, I actually didn't miss the twins at all in this episode.

Dandy has been the saving grace, I didn't think he would do that, well I did but not so soon, I though Regina would be gone first.

There's episodes left, next week's, then the three in January.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulpaul
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->