American Horror Story

Cant the show be all about Dandy? he should get an spin off :smile:

Anyone knows what lipstick Emma Robert's character wears?

^ I hate him, but his mother is cool :lol:

This season is extremely boooring...

I feel the show would do better on HBO or a premium cable channel.

Like the element of truly being disturbing and scary is gone. With Freakshow they could have really gone there, but they are so hell bent on making everyone "good" and "bad", have them be in between. I would rather see a crazy Freakshow act and see how they got to be so bitter and mad than a group of outcasts who is trying to survive. Have the writers actually think of the most disturbing scenario they can come up with... say Stanley kill someone (say Ma Petite) with his extra large tool.

With Asylum they really went there, Possesed/Drunk Nuns, Dismembering Patients, Crazy Santa, Full Out Torture.... here they just settled, being a Freak is just enough. Next season it needs to be normal people and what they can really do when it comes to say surviving.

I would love a season set in the Rocky Mountains, the theme being alone so AHS: Isolation, make it part a slasher season and add in some extra elements.

Have a group of adults take a hike up a the Rocky Mountains but they don't make it back down before and the sun sets so they are kind of lost there in the dark (If you've ever taken a hike on those huge mountains, you know timing is everything, specially with the shadows of the mountains blocking the light)

Have crazy mad old miner live alone near by, he's so bitter and kills people and dumps corpses in an faraway lake so sometimes the bones or bodies float in that lake, he can also lure people into and abandoned mine, have natural elements like wolves and bears chase the group, have a western ghost town near by, play with old Native American stories.... it can be a good slasher/hills have eyes type of story or stories, have 3 plot lines at the same time then tie them all at the end some way but at the end you worry about what you have to do when you are alone.

^ I like that idea, I love a good slasher film. Murphy and co. really are lacking on the horror front this season.

I'm glad Desiree is getting more screen time, I actually didn't miss the twins at all in this episode.

Yes, she really did shine in this episode. I didnt even notice the twins were not in the episode :lol:

I read somewhere that there might be AHS Coven dolls not sure if it was a reliable source.

^ Alan Ball would make an interesting addition. I wonder what project he is working on next.

well right now he's executive producing a wonderful series on cinemax called banshee....it's really good. and in that you can all see that moody darkness and humour even though it isn't horror.

all i can say is,i am officially bored at this point with the show. i agree with you wholeheartedly commandertmugler....it does seem like they're relying too heavily on just the characters being so-called "freaks" than actually doing much around them that makes them get under one's skin. i mean come on,the carnival special of scooby-doo was scarier than what's happening on AHS right now. and it's not about blood and gore...the beauty of asylum was that it played on the viewer's psyche.

i like that idea of isolation as a theme for an upcoming season...maybe something akin to the shining

At this point I feel like this is a poor man´s version of Carnivale... some characters (conjoined twins, lizard man) and scenes (the tar and feathers one) was done way better by the HBO show...

I feel like Emma really excels at being the bitchy type. Like if she kept doing it, obviously it might become boring but this year everytime she's nice, I can't help but wish she'd be sassy and light up a cigarette. :lol:

I'm really going to have to watch Carnivale and see how it is, it's on my list.

I really need to know the backstory for Emma's character, why is she with Stanley? I hope she double crosses him at some point. And yes she looks amazing, her outfits on the show have been incredible.

Stanley is a freak in disguise too though, hope Maggie takes advantage of that fact and gives him a taste of his own medicine.

Gonna be sad when Jimmy finds out she's just a con artist.

carnivale was brilliant. it wasn't a horror programme but dealt with mystery,darkness and the of course the eccentricities of carny life,especially during those difficult years of the dust bowl in america. it was a beautifully surreal series. i bet if that show had started around the time of GoT or boardwalk,it would have more commitment behind it. i think it needs a revival....much like lisa kudrow at the moment with her show "the comeback" which was also hastily cancelled. at least give it a final season to finish off the story-line. but i agree..this season of AHS has nothing on carnivale.

^Carnivale´s finale was left wide open so a revival would be awesome! :D

2015 Golden Globe Nominations

Best Actress in a Mini-Series or TV Movie
Maggie Gyllenhaal
(The Honorable Woman)
Jessica Lange
(American Horror Story: Freak Show)
Frances McDormand
(Olive Kitteridge)
Frances O'Connor
(The Missing)
Allison Tolman
(Fargo)

Best Supporting Actress in a Series, Mini-Series or TV Movie
Uzo Aduba
(Orange is the New Black)
Kathy Bates
(American Horror Story: Freak Show)
Joanne Froggatt
(Downton Abbey)
Allison Janney
(Mom)
Michelle Monaghan
(True Detective)

I'm currently watching ep. 5, and yeah Dandy is crazy; I hate his mother, her voice annoyes me so much (though I liked the characters the actress played in the previous seasons), her voices sounds as if she was always in pain;p

i'm trying to figure out how anybody can be nominated when the season isn't even finished till late january? but once again,no nods for anybody on the americans? and jessica lange,as much as i adore her,this role hasn't been nearly as hitting to me as previous incarnations of the show. i just wonder if they're nominating her because it's her final season of the series? politics and favouritism as usual. am happy though to see allison tolman from fargo got a nomination but criminal keri russell was overlooked. would have preferred to see her instead of jessica.

Ok, but like Pepper. I feel so bad, like I teared up. I love her!

yeah finally got to see the backstory with pepper and it was heartbreaking on so many levels.....perhaps of the whole series. for me that seems to be the running theme so far....that these people who are branded freaks aren't the real freaks at all....it's those who look "normal" that are really the evil ones.

That was the most heart breaking episode. Your right Scott, that is the running theme of the season. However Pepper's story did connect us to Season 2 Asylum and we also see that Elsa succeeds in Hollywood since the cover says she still owns the night in 1958 and Freak show is '52, must mean she gets her fame soon.

Jimmy's hands! Poor Maggie had to find out like that. I'm glad she told someone about Stanley.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
barakz12
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->