Ann Demeulemeester F/W 2005, Paris

Gorgeous collection, best fo the season so far. Wonderful.:heart:

i love the destroyed ruffles and all that.

Yummy!!! This is pretty much how I look (clotheswise), if you were wondering :lol: ..

00130f.jpg

Ok, I know we are not supposed to repost pix, but I could not resist. This image is just out of this world :blush:

00160f.jpg

The menswear is spectacular. This is purely, 100% my style.

Dear Ann..:heart:

faves for me...along with the last look faust posted...

The problem I usually have with her collections is that I don't know what I'm looking at, I don't know where to focus my eye, there's stuff going on all over the place. It becomes a bit tiring. I admire her consistency and the conversation she continues to moderate with her original customers, which the Belgian designers dont seem to mind doing, no need to rake in new folks by spicing things up.

It's beautiful, but I still have to let it sink in more.

birdofparadise said:
The problem I usually have with her collections is that I don't know what I'm looking at, I don't know where to focus my eye, there's stuff going on all over the place. It becomes a bit tiring. I admire her consistency and the conversation she continues to moderate with her original customers, which the Belgian designers dont seem to mind doing, no need to rake in new folks by spicing things up.

i have to admitt I agree with most of what you say, not just in regards to this collection--spooky. i agree with the focus part...but i have to say this collection is pretty amazing..i think for me, if i actually saw her clothing and handled it i would feel very differently. btw I really like the black strappy vest/neckackles in detail on the first page...what a great accessory!

Last edited by a moderator:
strawbutterb said:
i think for me, if i actually saw her clothing and handled it i would feel very differently.
You would, indeed. :smile:

oh, this is absolutely gorgeous. its so romantic and fluffy and yet hard and sexy. it would have been nice to see a *little* color thrown in there, but i guess thats up to us to add on our own :flower:

I was out shopping thursday and saw her paper thin leather jackets and coats for spring and totally knocked out by them.SHE IS REALLY GOOD and this collection really shows that.

I like this much better than usual....its softer & more feminine - very very nice.

The only thing that irks me about the show is gemma ward. WTF is she doing in Ann's show? How was the moron behind hiring the models? :huh:

helena said:
whats your problem with her faust?

Besides the fact that she looks like an ostridge?

1) I feel once again like the media is passing ugliness for beauty, thus insulting my intelligence and tastes (an "emperor's new clothes" moment"
2) She is a total opposite of an Ann Dem girl. Look at the picture below, she looks so out of place, and the clothes look so tacked on to her. Does she look like Patti Smith?

attachment.php

maybe I am already conditioned but I think she is pretty ( I do see the ostrich thing though) - my main problem is that she looks like a little girl. sinister you know.

I think this collection is pretty average for Ann, which I still very good though. As with all of her collections I could definitely see myself wearing quite a lot from this, but it just doesn’t blow me away like I would have hoped. But that’s probably just because my expectations are sky-high…

I think she's attractive, but I was totally shocked when I saw her in the show. I'm with Faust; she's totally out of place.

BTW, this collection is growing on me. I like it more every time I look at it. Especially seeing it in its entirety at www.style.com.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maliburum
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->