Ann Demeulemeester F/W 2019.20 Paris

These big, billowing shapes would be great for a spring/summer collection, but for fall/winter? And, seriously, you can disregard personal safety when exiting Ubers or public trains in these dresses. Ann would never!

I really can't stand his Ann in recent times. At first, he was very literal in his interpretation of Ann, which I liked. It was a copy of her work, which isn't easy to copy in the first place, but it was a very good copy. But now? Now that he's trying to inject too much of himself into her vocabulary? Forget it. His current collections look less like somebody who's had first-hand experience w/ working directly w/ said designer, and more like somebody who just studied her work by clicking Next, Next, Next on Google Images.

This looks so basic, especially for this brand. Also, satin for winter?

It looks nice but is it against Ann’s original aesthetic cause there are so many colors.

this shows the importance of keeping the founder/designer at the helm

His strength is the menswear. His menswear is absolutely divine, by far one of the best out there. Dare I say better than what Ann herself was doing in the latter years. The womenswear is definitely a couple of steps behind, but still good enough to keep the brand going.

Yikes! Love him but it's becoming very apparent that his strength is in the menswear.

Not my favorite.

Still some pretty things in line with Ann's aesthetic.
Although, sure, more colour.
I am not appalled.

I guess he's beginning to feel restricted by Ann's codes... but her customers will not purchase the colors. She was always adept at balancing masculinity and femininity into romantic but wearable clothing. None of this looks easy to wear or would fit into one's daily life.

first time they have used red successfully, imo...
even when Ann was there...
the color of these images is really crappy...
it's a really good red and it works nicely with a goth/dark mood...

the casting doesn't help the clothes much here...
these tiny young babies look like they'd faint if you said boo to them...
:lol:...
you need a certain amount of swagger to pull this stuff off...

the presentation overall leaves a bit to be desired...
take away all the accessories and the terrible hats...
and the clothes are actually pretty and cool...
not- kill yourself good...but really quite good...

I'm really surprised...

:D...

This looks so basic, especially for this brand. Also, satin for winter?
I think that's actually what I like...

back to basics...
the stuff I have from early Ann years isn't all twisty and dramatic and stuff...
it's just really great pieces that have a great shape and work well in your closet with so many things and are a pleasure to wear...
satin is a seasonless fabric...imo...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ross640
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->