Ann Demeulemeester S/S 09 Paris

I was waiting for this and as usual no disappointment. AMAZING.

I LOVE this. It's so stunning. The white and jeweled pieces are what Decarnin/Balmain should be doing. The pieces themselves are lovely and can stand on their own, but whoever did the styling did a fab job as well. And while I'm loving all of it, I'm acutely aware that if I ever wore one of the pieces with the excess fabrics and knots I would look like a little puffball rolling around

I love the new sexy buddhist priestess.
It's perfectly within her spiritual realm.
Hmmm...........................beautiful.

Wow! This is amazing, she took a risk and it sure paid off! :heart::heart::heart:

thank god she stopped channeling patti smith ...finally!!!...

:lol:...

* anyone know what the music was for the show actually?
that would be interesting considering it's so much lighter and brighter than her usual fare...
i wonder if the music was lighter as well....

Last edited by a moderator:
i'm also seeing some Dries in this as well, particularly his s/s 04 collection. something about the lightness of the layers and the way the draping is done. and yet, it is very ann indeed. completely lovely

* anyone know what the music was for the show actually?
that would be interesting considering it's so much lighter and brighter than her usual fare...
i wonder if the music was lighter as well....
I would love to know this as well...the music played in the showstudio video is so gorgeous:heart:...and vaguely familiar....:blink:

I have to say that this collection is sublime!!! This season I'm really falling in love with the collections of labels/ designers who I've never paid a particularly huge amount of attention to. Designers whose work I might have liked in the past, but never really obsessed over it. Ann, Junya, Undercover...Tuesday has been a good day for Paris! Hopefully it will only continue to get better!

Oh, and I'm also in agreement with whoever said they were glad she was over the Patti Smith phase...it was getting a little tired...and it's done WONDERS for her work!

d1.jpg

d2.jpg

d3.jpg

d4.jpg

d5.jpg

d6.jpg

d7.jpg

d8.jpg

d9.jpg

coutorture

YAY :clap:

utterly beautiful, without compromising her vision :wub:

Basically I'm not a fan of orange and embroidery, thank god it's not bad and almost great. I love the concept of budist prestess although those twist knotted pieces somewhat sinuous. To be honest I love her mensear SS 09 more than womenswear, however I still admire Ann, she's one of my favorite designer.

Devastatingly beautiful, romantic, light without losing her edge....mission accomplished :wub: :crush:
Thanks so much for posting, Mullet and Inaya

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blondblondblond
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->