Ann Demeulemeester S/S 09 Paris

Beautiful!! She finally did it, got rid of the messiness and the overt gothic references and made a sleek, gorgeous, optimistic collection that showcases her skills. This is one of her most outstanding efforts and there's a lot here to buy from. :heart:

Can I just mention though that there's a lot of CdG inspiration in this collection? I don't mean she copied the way MJ does, but there's a vibe there, and it works wonderfully with her own methods.

Last edited by a moderator:
^ I thought so too, due to the knots falling on the side of the tops... really remind me of a CDG collection...

Not actually the picture I am posting, but from the same collection...

from style.com

Attachments

• 100082983.jpg
    100082983.jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 8
having a FW orgasm.:woot:
one of the best collection for SS 2009 !!!!!!!!
:heart:

Oh, I love how the "monk-coloured" outfits are completely stripped of jewlery and other parts of the collection is loaded with decadent jewlery and accessories! :D

from style.com

BELGIAN designer Ann Demeulemeester was as moody as ever this afternoon with a show that suited the dreary Parisian weather in mood but that served as a fresh shot of her art-meets-style, Antwerp-trained look that has given her heavy weight fashion status since she emerged as one of the Antwerp Six, along with such superstars as Dries van Noten and Martin Margiela, over 20 years ago.

Perhaps we are getting used to more commercial offerings, but it was hard to see ourselves in bunched up swathes of white jersey like bulging babygrows. They kept on reappearing - but much more flattering were the sharply cut tuxedos that sometimes accompanied them or others that had flatter fronts to show off fine silver chains with miniature scales hanging from them – far easier to imagine ourselves, or Demeuelemeester's long time muse, Patti Smith, wearing those.

Clinking piano music replaced rock 'n' roll, while oriental brocades in white, black, fuchsia or orange and tan and black stripes lightened a heavy mood that was compounded by seriously serious looking models.

Demeulemeester played with mixed textures and varying shades of a limited colour palette as fabric was apparently randomly moulded and tied, sometimes pleated or knotted, around the body.

Later a further intricacy took hold by way of finely beaded waistcoats and vintage, sparkling embellishments that added a touch of Twenties sass occasionally and were worthy of Tom Binns-style, hardcore glamour.

Some detail shots & photos of the shoes for Jane!

p1220196.jpg p1220208.jpg p1220204.jpg
p1220209.jpg p1220211.jpg p1220212_2.jpg
p1220189.jpg p1220190.jpg p1220194.jpg
dianepernet.typepad.com

coutorture.com

I came across these two looks which I hvn't seem elsewhere, hope they're not made wrong.

closer pics :
1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

catwalking

I've been bummed that no one ever includes detail shots of her collections anymore. Thanks for posting these!

This was the only collection that left an impression on me this season. Just stunning.

Too many random layers of fabric...I wonder how the collection it's gonna be translated to the retail market.

i think ive died and gone to heaven seriously this is amaizing .. i love the warmth of the colour sceme and its so differnt yet you can see her personality etc. in it .. i think it was about time she had a slight change of direction and this hasnt failed me .. this reminds me of why i antisipate this collection so much :heart:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blondblondblond
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->