Anne Hathaway

I'm shocked that she/Rachel Zoe wasn't better prepared, fashion-wise, for the Oscars. If I were a nominee, much less a predicted win, I would've lined up a couple of back up options just in case. Plus, why didn't she go into the Valentino archives for her dress or get something custom-made?

Puzzling.

Aww, she looks so happy at the party with her statue; goooo Anne. Cute dress too; very 60s soiree style! :smile:

I loved her in the pink Prada dress tbh, it was quite unexpected and the shade is lovely with her hair and skin tone. The fact that she wasn't wearing a bra made her all the cooler, I feel like she just really doesn't care. She looked amazing.

She was so touching backstage talking about her dream coming true...:blush:
And the Prada dress that got so much comment mostly looked the way it did because of the darting, but if you have ever seen some of her, umm, more revealing movie scenes, she does have an incredible body, so it isn't surprising that she looked sexy in it...^_^

What's a girl to do?

Best Supporting Actress winner Anne Hathaway's pale pink (and hotly debated) Prada gown wasn't the actress's first choice for the Academy Awards last Sunday.

"It came to my attention late Saturday night that there would be a dress worn to the Oscars that is remarkably similar to the Valentino I had intended to wear, and so I decided it was best for all involved to change my plans," she tells PEOPLE in an exclusive statement.

The actress, 30, is indeed a longtime fan of Valentino and has worn his designs for many years including when she wed Adam Shulman last September.

"Though I love the dress I did wear, it was a difficult last minute decision as I had so looked forward to wearing Valentino in honor of the deep and meaningful relationship I have enjoyed with the house and with Valentino himself," Hathaway continues.

"I deeply regret any disappointment caused."
people.com
"Les Miserables" actress Anne Hathaway attends a breakfast business meeting in Brentwood, California on February 26, 2013.
Anne+Hathaway+Anne+Hathaway+Out+Brentwood+IW93cz-tUmDl.jpg
Anne+Hathaway+Anne+Hathaway+Out+Brentwood+6maaCCB5KLyl.jpg
Anne+Hathaway+Anne+Hathaway+Out+Brentwood+zLSnBul4Fcsl.jpg
Anne+Hathaway+Anne+Hathaway+Out+Brentwood+_Cv914zy1OUl.jpg

zimbio

Anyone know where this picture is from?
amanda-seyfried-gallery.jpg

coolspotters

I so agree she shouldn't have apologised. It's not like it was designed by Valentino himself. I'm sure he understood. She made the right choice.

I agree too, Anne shouldn't have to publicly apologised. Especially seeing how Valentino wh*re themselves out on Sunday I would've done the exact same thing. Besides the Prada looks sooooooo much better than the puffy dress she had planned to wear. And at least Miuccia custom made the dress for her.

Agreed with everybody. It's not her fault her original gown matched closely another one on the red carpet. Valentino, Rachel Zoe, or both should have planned it better so the mistake didn't happen. (One would think they would be prepared for those types of occurences.)

Definitely not Anne's fault. Especially considering that the person who would be wearing the dress remarkably similar to hers was her costar in the film for which she was up for an Oscar! They'd definitely be asked to pose together and so forth.

I liked the Prada anyhow. She looked lovely.

Love her Prada dress, it works with her haircut perfectly. It wouldn't looked good with her long hair in the past.
Posted via Mobile Device

they were at Universal Pre Oscar Party :heart:
Thanks! Found another picture of her posing, with, uh...:innocent:

j2McuJP.jpg

hollywoodreporter

I just don't understand why he didn't make a dress for her or at least get a dress from the archives. That way she would've stood out amongst the current drab Valentino pieces.

That's such a bummer about the dress. :( It would have looked gorgeous on her albeit, admittedly, bordering on being a bit too pale?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
famfaluca
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->