Anne Valerie Hash Haute Couture S/S 09 Paris

It's pretty typical Hash - simple and elegant pieces with a muted color scheme and feminine menswear.

Did she not have a show?

Its lovely, but a bit of a let down I guess

Yeah she didn't have a show this season, practical choice

Fashion tightens its belt
Article By: Dominique Schroeder
Mon, 26 Jan 2009 15:24
The haute couture shows for spring-summer 2009, which begin today (26 January), have slimmed down in response to the global financial crisis, spread over three days instead of four and with fewer catwalk presentations.

While all the major players will be present — Dior, Chanel, Christian Lacroix, Givenchy, Jean-Paul Gaultier and Valentino — it is the smaller fashion houses which are being forced to cut their coats according to their cloth.

"There were 23 catwalk shows last time," in July, "this season there will only be 20," Didier Grumbach, president of the powerful French federation in charge of the couture calendar admits.

"We were the ones who told them 'Don't force yourselves to mount a show when times are so hard for you.' When it is risky for them, we encourage them not to spend the money on a show when it isn't necessary."

Many of the smaller houses have decided they cannot afford the tens or hundreds of thousand euros that it costs to stage a catwalk presentation.

French designer Anne Valerie Hash is one who freely admits she is not showing this time "to save money".

"It would be inconceivable to stage a show when my main worry is to be able to pay staff their salaries."

Fans of her work will nevertheless get a taste of her vision for next summer in windows in the Palais Royal arcade which the culture ministry has put at her disposal.

I love Anne for the very aesthetics of her work. Simple, ultra chic garments that stands out.

It's such a pity that she didn't do a runway presentation. All I know is that she's showing at Ministry of Culture and Communication at the Palais Royal in Paris, knew nothing about the money part.

Anyway, back to the collection, all the looks are very anne valerie. But it doesn't really shows her full potential i think. Hope there'll be more looks.

I especially like the jackets, the way they handled the textiles; they look loose and comfortable, but at the same time perfectly fitted, by which you can tell it's couture. Really great jackets like that are hard to find. The dresses are beautiful as well. If I were the right gender to be buying couture I'd be knocking on Mme Hash's door...

the cleanliness is so appealing...like american sportswear..but paris haute couture :smile:

Specially like the dresses/skirts. The long dresses I like most. Anne Valerie always impresses me.

just showoff but no runway?
cos the severe economical crisis:D
i'm not impressed by this simple collection

Last edited by a moderator:
what a relief to see AVH's collection after all those catwalk disasters seen today. i loved the outfits for clean understated aesthetic and the absense of weird ruffles, bows and ribbons which seem to be a substitute for modernity nowadays.

I think the difference is that Mme Hash is doing this less for publicity than because she actually has a couture clientele. We, the spectators, are not the intended audience (as we are at Dior and elsewhere). It's for the client.

well one can understand her dilemma. i mean,anne-valérie isn't a designer i would deem wealthy and as she said,she has to cut the least important thing to help pay her staff. and shows are expensive and perhaps the most frivolous.

in that vein,i would describe this collection as a bit safe for a-v. but i understand the reason....clients and sales.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alcatrazadam
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->