Annoying "novelty" T-shirts/annoying Phrases

Caroline

Reaction score
I'm getting really really really :sick: sick :sick: of all these t-shirts. Today at the camp where I work my sister's sixth grade camper was wearing a shirt that was: a)bright blue and pink; B)a ringer tee; c) said "i :heart: me"; d)had three monekys on it; and e) underneath the monkeys were the words "angel" "princess" and "rock star." It was all the crazy shirts melted into one! :shock:

This trend has three sub-categories:

1. Fake vintage shirts w/ made up business ("Shelly's Clam Shack")
2. Annoying phrase shirts ("I love me" "Brat")
3. "Cool" "retro" shirts with some cartoon character (carebears..)

This has been going on for a long long time!! When do you think it will end (or will it?) and what will replace it?

details_tshirt_top.jpg

2j5704_main.jpg

2j6159_main.jpg

They look like the stuff that Clinton and Stacy throw out religiously each week on What Not to Wear. I don't understand why anyone would buy them. I mean, maybe a fourteen-year-old who knows nothing about fashion and that is all they can pay for with their meager earnings...but still...if earnings are meager, buy a white shirt at k-mart, dude, it will look BETTER!!! Anyways- I see them at Bloomies nowadays and I could scream! aaaaaaaaaaaaaaah there I did it, i agree, those shirts annoy me...I have one I am wearing right now...to bed...and it is UGLY.

Angel ? :yuk: Princess ? Rock star ? :sick: Those phrases are my pet peeves..but say, something like " Vote Kerry", "don't feed the models"-I like ! :P
No cartoons for me. Ugh.

Originally posted by Caroline@Jul 3rd, 2004 - 4:36 am
I'm getting really really really :sick: sick :sick: of all these t-shirts. Today at the camp where I work my sister's sixth grade camper was wearing a shirt that was: a)bright blue and pink; B)a ringer tee; c) said "i :heart: me"; d)had three monekys on it; and e) underneath the monkeys were the words "angel" "princess" and "rock star." It was all the crazy shirts melted into one! :shock:

This trend has three sub-categories:

1. Fake vintage shirts w/ made up business ("Shelly's Clam Shack")
2. Annoying phrase shirts ("I love me" "Brat")
3. "Cool" "retro" shirts with some cartoon character (carebears..)

This has been going on for a long long time!! When do you think it will end (or will it?) and what will replace it?

details_tshirt_top.jpg

2j5704_main.jpg

2j6159_main.jpg
I seriously died laughing reading this post. :lol: :flower: So true.

I hate the ones that say I love Ashton, Justin, Orlando ect. or the Mrs. ones.... I was in the mall the other day and there was a whole wall of these.

Originally posted by christilynn@Jul 3rd, 2004 - 8:15 am
I hate the ones that say I love Ashton, Justin, Orlando ect. or the Mrs. ones.... I was in the mall the other day and there was a whole wall of these.
I've seen these too! They have bags as well. If you ask me, it's a little creepy! what if you were Brad Pitt and yo saw some 12-yr-old with a shirt reading "Mrs. Pitt" ?!
PR0001_F.jpg

i haaate those shirts. especially the "everyone loves a ___ girl". SO overdone. i also hate the "mrs pitt, mrs timberlake, and mrs. kutcher" tees along with "i did ashton three times!".

I have some graphic tees but nothing overly cutesy or self-promoting. Most of the ones I own have very ambiguous phrases that don't have much meaning. I get temped by the cartoon shirts... but only because I used to watch a lot of the old cartoons as a kid. But most of the people I see wearing them are too young to even remember those cartoons so I don't buy them. I do have a paul frank julius tank top that I absolutely love and I don't care if millions of raver kids had the same one 3 years ago. :ninja:

What bothers me are all the 80s and 90s band t-shirts brought back and worn by kids that weren't even born when some of these bands were together. I guess it's not fair to judge, since I like the Beatles and was born after they broke up.

I agree, im quite sick of seeing t-shirts with little phrases on them namely by David & Goliath :innocent: A lot of girls are really into the whole "boys are stupid, throw rocks at them" garbage, sorry I just find them overdone and annoying :sick:

Originally posted by vintage_princess@Jul 3rd, 2004 - 11:53 pm
I agree, im quite sick of seeing t-shirts with little phrases on them namely by David & Goliath :innocent: A lot of girls are really into the whole "boys are stupid, throw rocks at them" garbage, sorry I just find them overdone and annoying :sick:
omg.. that david and goliath store sucks!!!!! they had one here on carnaby street... come to think of it.. i dotn remember seeing it ... hope it closed down... it was sickening... just pure vomit clothes!

this trend is the most boring n became mainstream really fast... its terrible.. been around for years.. its not even a trend now.. its just a thing that exsists... yuck.. like denim but BAD! RAAAAAAAAAAA go away :evil:

Originally posted by banana@Jul 3rd, 2004 - 6:38 pm
But most of the people I see wearing them are too young to even remember those cartoons so I don't buy them....I do have a paul frank julius tank top that I absolutely love...
What bothers me are all the 80s and 90s band t-shirts brought back and worn by kids that weren't even born when some of these bands were together.
i feel the same way about ppl wearing "nostalgic" shirts when there aren't any memories regarding the tv show or band to begin with!

there's some fad going around based on expressing the sentiment that random, burnt-out trends/shows/bands are "Awesome!" Like "Carebears rock!" when they probably haven't seen the show and are really just trying to be funny and 'random!' So many teenagers say "That's so random!" "i'm really random" all the time and it annoys me soo much! I don't know if I'm explaining this well...but anyway it really annoys me!

and the band shirts would be cool if they were from a real concert...ex. your dad or mom hands you down an aerosmith t-shirt from a concert they went to. my dad actually does have some cool t-shirts from Rolling Stones, Grateful Dead...

also, regarding vintage t-shirts like the ones that say"Aberocrombie Phys. Ed. Dept." or something: my dad actually has two really thinned out gym shirts that say "Stuyvesant Phsical Ed."

By the way Paul Frank is just great and those shirts are some that i definitely don't mind. They have a really clever sense of humor to them.
257.jpg

Originally posted by vintage_princess@Jul 3rd, 2004 - 7:53 pm
A lot of girls are really into the whole "boys are stupid, throw rocks at them" garbage
Immature :sick:

hehehe i like david and goliath, but i wouldnt wear their clothes. i like their accessories. and i have a "boys are stupid, throw rocks at them" sticker :P

What's disturbing is when you walk pass a store aimed at girls 5 - 10 and see shirts on display screaming their marital status to kutcher and timberlake. I am sorry but I just think that it's all kinds of wrong. :yuk:

I don't like those overly used and pointless phrases...like "51% angel 49% devil" "take a picture it'll last longer", "you looked better from a distance" "your boyfriends only with you cuz he hasnt met me.....yet" and all those tees with babygirl, hottie, baby, angel, devil, bling bling, and all those mrs. pitt, kutcher, timberlake etc.

One tee that pissed me off is I saw this gal with a tee that had a line and under it read "you have to be this tall to ride this ride". Now that was a hillarious private joke between me, Josh(tfs sn Tempest) and our friend Justin. One day Justin was bored and printed it on a shirt....and guess what? The girl lives close by me...hmmm copycat who printed her own also?! :angry:

I've seen some kool tees lately though....like Ale's giraffe shirt that says "deep throat" on it :blush: :flower:

Originally posted by pineapple+Jul 4th, 2004 - 10:52 am--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (pineapple @ Jul 4th, 2004 - 10:52 am)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-VainJane@Jul 3rd, 2004 - 7:07 am
but say, something like " Vote Kerry", "don't feed the models"-I like ! 

or "Don't Vote Kerry"..... :innocent:
agreed [/b][/quote]
Agreed as well!!! :smile: I also do not like this trend they just remind me of crappy little shirts you get at walmart. :unsure:

Welcome to TFS JennyMaus!! :flower:

Originally posted by seditionary+Jul 3rd, 2004 - 8:33 pm--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (seditionary @ Jul 3rd, 2004 - 8:33 pm)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-vintage_princess@Jul 3rd, 2004 - 11:53 pm
I agree, im quite sick of seeing t-shirts with little phrases on them namely by David & Goliath  :innocent:  A lot of girls are really into the whole "boys are stupid, throw rocks at them" garbage, sorry I just find them overdone and annoying  :sick:
omg.. that david and goliath store sucks!!!!! they had one here on carnaby street... come to think of it.. i dotn remember seeing it ... hope it closed down... it was sickening... just pure vomit clothes!

this trend is the most boring n became mainstream really fast... its terrible.. been around for years.. its not even a trend now.. its just a thing that exsists... yuck.. like denim but BAD! RAAAAAAAAAAA go away :evil: [/b][/quote]
:yuk: Here, here.

I am so crapping sick of graphic tees it isn't even funny, I have a couple from Banana Fish, but they aren't a lame stab at making myself cool. I would say about half the girls at my school have been 'married' to Ashton Kutcher..... :sick: so tacky.

Concert/band tees are a different story altogether; I have about fifteen or so Dir en grey shirts alone, so my position should be clear :P . As long as you've heard and really like more than one song by the band, then wear your Iron Maiden's with pride and a mullet. :flower:

PS- This is a great thread. Welcome to TFS. :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cg1
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->