AnOther Magazine Fall/Winter 2009 by Craig McDean & Hedi Slimane

^yes, and you forgot to write "overrated" between "the" and "brazilian".:flower:
i have absolutely no comments to make on this list. they say "women who define style" and put kate moss and carine roitfeld on the same list as blake lively and lovefoxxx. i don't get what's going on with fashion magazines lately, so many uninteresting people getting so much attention...

Alison Mosshart - Great choice. An influence in fashion with the Indie music industry.

Ashley Olsen - I think the Olsens are very influential, so good choices.

Blake Lively - Well Leighton Meester would've been better.

Carine Roitfeld - A true fashionista. I can't wait.

Charlotte Gainsbourg - She seems to always wear Balenciaga, but always makes it look fresh. Again, I can't wait.

Chloë Sevigny - A true style icon.

Christina Ricci - I love her, but in terms of fashion? Maybe she could surprise me.

Courtney Love - I take it she'll be working with Tisci?

Diane Kruger - I wonder who she'll be paired up with since Vanessa Paradis is with Chanel.

Eva Mendes - I'm guessing she's with Calvin Klein. Her style is nice, but nothing groundbreaking.

Jessica Stam - I love Stam. It's good to see her here.

Kate Moss - Moss is one of the true icons of fashion, whatever people think about her.

Katie Holmes - She's very blah. If she wasn't married to Tom Cruise, in no way would she be here?

Kirsten Dunst - Being a long time devotee of the Mulleavy sisters, I take it she's working with Rodarte?

Kylie Minogue - I can understand why people are confused with her inclusion, but she is considered to be quite stylish here in the UK (well it seemed that she got more chic ever since she had cancer).

Lovefoxxx - I think I have heard of the name before, but I have no idea who she is!

Maggie Cheung - I love me some Cheung. It's good to see so many types of women here in the entertainment industry with different cultures and styles etc...

Mary-Kate Olsen - See Ashley.

Michelle Williams - I love her understated style. I can't wait.

Milla Jovovich - Her style is very carefree. I like it.

Natalie Portman - Natalie always looks good in Lanvin. I truly can't wait. A few people here are saying she is boring. I certainly don't agree.

Natasha Khan - I love her music. Her style is good, too.

Santigold - Don't know much about her style, but she makes good music.

Scarlett Johansson - I loved her style when it had a bit of edge. While she still looks good, her style rarely offers anything new.

Sofia Coppola - She will be with LV for sure. I can't wait.

Stella Tennant - If I'm being totally honest, I don't know much about her.

Tilda Swinton - I can't wait. Hopefully she's with Viktor & Rolf.

Vanessa Paradis - I love Vanessa. I love her cover, so we'll see.

Winona Ryder - I love Noni, but she isn't very relevant to the theme!

Kylie Minogue - I can understand why people are confused with her inclusion, but she is considered to be quite stylish here in the UK (well it seemed that she got more chic ever since she had cancer).

I know it's going to seem like I'm rushing to defend Kylie Minogue yet again in this thread, despite not being a fan. I'm aware everyone is entitled to their own opinions on things, and I strongly support that; but I personally believe the comment about saying she seemes to have got more chic since her cancer was unnecessary.

Last edited by a moderator:
I know it's going to seem like I'm rushing to defend Kylie Minogue yet again in this thread, despite not being a fan. I'm aware everyone is entitled to their own opinions on things, and I strongly support that; but I personally believe the comment about saying she seemes to have got more chic since her cancer was unnecessary.

why? i agree with it too.

How is it? I noticed a sudden change in her style. I don't know why, but she just got more chic. Maybe it was the short hair that did it for me, but at that time in her life, fashion-wise, I saw her in a different light.

I read it as, and believed it sounded like your comment was that people began to believe she was much more chic once she had cancer.

I apologise if that wasn't how you meant it to be taken.

I love the contents. Definitely want to buy this (Kate cover).

ANOTHER MAGAZINE A/W 2009

DECADE IN STYLE

Featuring four individual covers; Katie Holmes, Kate Moss, Vanessa Paradis and Natalie Portman photographed by Craig McDean and Hedi Slimane.

28 designers who define the decade, 28 women who define style, from Carine Roitfeld to Kylie Minogue, brought together by AnOther Magazine for a special collectors’ edition to mark the end of the decade.

AnOther Magazine has been given unprecedented access to the archives of the most important designers of the past ten years for this landmark project, pairing each of the 28 women with a collection by a different designer, encapsulating unique moments in a decade of fashion.

The pairings will be exclusively revealed on DazedDigital.com soon.

“At the end of this decade there should be a celebration of how far fashion and design have come, for the amazing new voices that have emerged and the reinventions which others have undergone. I am overjoyed that so many incredible women took part in this project; a chance to rise above these current fractured economic times and give real creativity in fashion its due.”
Jefferson Hack, Editor in Chief

The designers:
Azzedine Alaia, Burberry Prorsum, Calvin Klein, Chanel Haute Couture, Chloé, Christopher Kane, Dior, Dolce & Gabbana, Givenchy Haute Couture, Gucci, Hussein Chalayan, Jil Sander, John Galliano, Lanvin, Louis Vuitton, Marc Jacobs, Margiela, Marios Schwab, Miu Miu, Prada, Ralph Lauren, Rodarte, Balenciaga, Stella McCartney, Versace, Viktor & Rolf,Vivienne Westwood, YSL.

The cast:
Alison Mosshart, Ashley Olsen, Blake Lively, Carine Roitfeld, Charlotte Gainsbourg, Chloë Sevigny, Christina Ricci, Courtney Love, Diane Kruger, Eva Mendes, Jessica Stam, Kate Moss, Katie Holmes, Kirsten Dunst, Kylie Minogue, Lovefoxxx, Maggie Cheung, Mary-Kate Olsen, Michelle Williams, Milla Jovovich, Natalie Portman, Natasha Khan, Santigold, Scarlett Johansson, Sofia Coppola, Stella Tennant, Tilda Swinton, Vanessa Paradis, Winona Ryder.

AnOther Magazine, The Decade in Style, is proud to partner with CRYSTALLIZEDTM - Swarovski Elements.

To see all four covers, go to http://www.dazeddigital.com/

AnOther Magazine’s Autumn/Winter 2009 special collector’s edition is on-sale exclusively at Liberty from September 10 and then widely available from September 17 2009.

Wow, I only just realised this was posted, now I'm really looking forward to this issue of Another Magazine.

Great that Viktor & Rolf are featured :woot: I hope thier shoot is with Tilda :heart:

How much does this cost in the UK?

It's out on 17 right?

It's out on the 10th from Liberty in London, 17th elsewhere.

The cover price is £6.95.

And do we have a confirmed info that Kate Moss has an ed inside?

Thanks honeycombchild.

not as strong as last season's Tilda Cover. are all the photos by craig and hedi? and stylists?

cdocuments-and-settingslsteinbedesktopanothermag_blog.jpg

As the decade draws to a close, it seems fair to wonder: What was aughts fashion? What was memorable? What will embarass us when we look back at photos twenty, thirty years hence? What was significant, in that it changed the way we shop or dress? Another magazine’s forthcoming issue takes a stab at the question of what’s mattered, fashion-wise, since the turn of the millennium, pulling pieces from the archives and pairing 28 celebs with key designers in order to create images that celebrate, in editor-in-chief Jefferson Hack’s words, “how far fashion and design have come.” Another has given Style.com a sneak peek behind the scenes at the shoots—Chloë Sevigny in Miu Miu, Courtney Love turned out in Givenchy Haute Couture, both Olsen twins taking on Calvin Klein Collection, and more. What do you think we’ll remember about the ’00s? What would you prefer to forget?

—Maya Singer

style.com

Preview images:

Kylie Minogue in Christopher Kane:
kylielarge.jpg

Kirsten Dunst in Christopher Kane (Is this correct? Two people are doing Kane?:(
kirstendunstlarge.jpg

Stella Tennant in Hussein Chalayan:
stellatennantlarge.jpg

Lovefoxx in Viktor&Rolf:
lovefoxxlarge.jpg

Natasha Khan in Marios Schwab:
natashakhanlarge.jpg

Charlotte Gainsbourg in Balenciaga:
charlottelarge.jpg

Chloe Sevigny in Miu Miu:
chloeslarge.jpg

Maggie Cheung in Burberry Prorsum:
maggiecheunglarge.jpg

Michelle Williams in Louis Vuitton:
michellewilliamslarge.jpg

Santigold in Vivienne Westwood:
santigoldlarge.jpg

dazeddigital

Great! I can't choose which is the best shot. All of them are perfect.

That coat Maggie Cheung's wearing is one of my favourite pieces. One of Burberry Prorsum's best.

Beautiful pictures. Thanks for posting. Is Kirsten definately wearing Chris Kane as well? Her sleeve looks Rodarte-esque.

I really like the Balenciaga pic. That s/s 03 collection is one of my faves.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andy190
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->