Anya Hindmarch Bespoke Bags

mikeijames

no tom ford, no thanks.
Reaction score
Does anyone know who makes this bag that both Helen Lee Schifter and Muffie Potter Aston were wearing to the shows this week?!

I love it!

I believe it may be the Bespoke Ebury bag. That company handmakes and tailors the bag to yours specification (i.e. material, color, monograms, etc.). It is very expensive and popular amongst socialites!

Found this info on the 'net:

Ebury handbags, made especially for you! Available in either box calf: small, $1500; large, $1650, or matt crocodile: small, $8500; large, $9950, in the colour of your choice. Inside this bag you can have a secret message embossed onto the leather in the giver's own handwriting with the name of the person it has been made for embossed inside the bag along with their own unique number.

Not too bad for the box calf. I was thinking they would be much more even in the calf.

Birkin Bumped
Anya Hindmarch’s Bespoke Bags speak to fash elite

NEW YORK: Wednesday, February 18, 2004

WHAT: Anya Hindmarch’s Bespoke Ebury bag

WHY: At this season’s fashion shows, the Birkin bag, like Barbara Walters at Oscar de la Renta, got bumped to the third row as Anya Hindmarch’s Bespoke Ebury bag was front and center, held firmly at the sides of New York’s most social butterflies. The special edition bag, which comes in two sizes, two different grains, and a slew of colors, is prized for the special, secret message Hindmarch inscribes (in the giver’s handwriting) inside each individually numbered bag. “Each bag is made to order,” said a rep. “The inscription has to be stamped onto the fabric first, and then incorporated into creating the bag. It can’t just be simply stamped on a finished bag.”

So who’s carrying and what are their messages?

Helen Lee Schifter’s red bag: “I love you mommy. Story.”

Jennifer Creel’s brown bag: “To Jennifer with love. From your secret admirer.”

Tory Burch’s dark green bag: “To the mother of 6 we love you.”

Sally Albemarle’s aqua blue bag: “Don’t forget cell phone, money, keys, and lipstick, followed by a “$” symbol.”

WHERE: Available at Anya Hindmarch boutiques
15 Greene Street (212-343-8147)
29 East 60th Street (212-750-3974)

PRICE: $1,500-$1,650 for box calf, $8,500-$9,950 for crocodile
JIM SHI

i think ANYA is smart. after the "BE A BAG" to come up with another personalised bag :wink:

ilike the idea. but i still prefer the BE A BAG :innocent:

I love the idea of a personalized message. Very sweet. :heart:

WHO is helen lee schifter??? she married NY royalty or something>?? enlighten me please

her husband is Tim Schifter, who owns LeSportsac.

you can also buy them off the shelf too, but in spazzolatto, not box calf. at least you could a couple years ago which is when I got mine.

the secret message sounds very interesting. But my gosh, the bag is too pricey.:wink:

DallasDiva68 said:
Found this info on the 'net:

Ebury handbags, made especially for you! Available in either box calf: small, $1500; large, $1650, or matt crocodile: small, $8500; large, $9950, in the colour of your choice. Inside this bag you can have a secret message embossed onto the leather in the giver's own handwriting with the name of the person it has been made for embossed inside the bag along with their own unique number.

Not too bad for the box calf. I was thinking they would be much more even in the calf.

I just figured out that I have one of these! I never knew it was called the "Ebury". I was going to sell it, but now I think I'm going to keep it!

Sales021.jpg

^^I got it AGES ago, maybe 4-5 years ago, in Sydney at a fashion boutique that stocks several labels, including Anya Hindmarch. It was my first "expensive" bag.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
treasureagence
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->