I'm not a plastic bag - Anya Hindmarch

I just don't get it. Why would you even want the bag if you weren't going to use it in the proper manner.

I wish they would just make the bag readily available. If they didn't do this whole limited edition thing the bag wouldn't seem so precious and people would use it in the proper manner instead of acting foolish. I think people are buying it right now just for the sake of having it - while people who really want it and would certainly use it in the correct manner can't find it anywhere.

thats exactly how I feel. I really like the bag and would use it in that manner. I like the rope handles and the roomy canvas bag feel. I am disgusted that it is going for more than 200 dollars on ebay. I guess I can't blame people for wanting to make a buck but who would pay that much for a 15 dollar canvas sack? I really wish they would just flood the market with them. Then the people who paid 300 bucks would feel dumb and those of us who want it because we like it for what it is could have it. It just makes me think of the LiveStrong bracelet phenomenon where they were sold out and people were selling them on ebay despite it being a charible thing. I really hope the hype dies down like it did w/ that.

LOL :rofl:

th_72858_100plastic2_122_458lo.jpg

I was able to order one of the Hindmarch's for my friend - hopefully it will be a decent enough surprise for her. I know she is going to use it for groceries so it will be great for her. I don't feel bad purchasing from We Are What We Do since they're a responsible site but I checked eBay and WOW - its quite insane! I knew demand was high but I guess I just underestimated things.

I still hope that eventually the bag will not be limited edition. It would solve so many problems.

Image Credit | Ecorazzi

..madness!!
I found out that yesterday at the 10corsocomo store the bag was goiing to be sold in exclusive for Italy, one bag for person, you've to put your name o a list wait and get the bag. I went there at 10 o'clock ( the store open at 10!) and I tought that there were no people there...wrong!! few italians...a lot of tourist were "fighitig" to put the name on a list ... I was one of the 350 "lucky" person to put the name of that list.....the store manager said that they have 700 bags, so 2 bags ( yeah 2 bags!!) for person so they could take only 350 names. ok fine...we start to waut for 3 hours when they come outside and scremed: the bags are sold out!!! WTF??? the list was on 200...so they've sold about 100 bags?!!...where are the 600 bags???!!!...I won't tell you al the madness...well the police went there and we find out that they've sold even 3-4 bags for person, that those person were selling they bags for €80/100 euro just on the street around the corner...so we called the "guardia di finaza" ( is the police dept that check the finantial abuse etc) and they start to check invoices recipt etc....total disgustig .. we ( italians..) are very famous to make all those kind of thing...I feel so ashamed about my country and for the other italians that are not like the ones that are famous only for cheating and stuf like this.
at the end of the day ..the police forced the store to find the bags at least for the 350 persons on that list...so we had to wait more to give them our details etc etc....well I think that we will never be called to get the bag! we even found out that about 200 bags were given to vip customers for free the day before...I don't know what to thinl but It was supposed to be a bag for a good cause and ( here in italy) is just another way to be "cool" and to make money......ahhh a girl told me that the stilyst was there....

^that's so sad, how they manage to make money (or make vip friends giving them the bags for free) and promise things that won't never be true.

Ugh. That is such rubbish. I'm very sorry to hear about that happening to you chicca.

wow so much hype!!! i cannot believe the incidents that happened in Asia. i bet those 'ladies' were just gonna put them up on ebay to make a few bucks. pfff.

thisisnotaplasticbag_2.jpg

Made from non-biodegradable juice and sauce packs, each one of these is unique - and they're not made in factories, either. Dorothy Perkins tell the story behind the bags:

If you stood in line to get your hands on Anya Hindmarsh's 'I'm Not a Plastic Bag' tote, here's one with even better eco-credentials. Made from non-biodegradable juice and sauce packs, each one of these is unique - and they're not made in factories, either. Dorothy Perkins tell the story behind the bags:

"Two hundred Filipino women decided to band together and form a co-operative to clean up their neighbourhood. Initially they merely collected rubbish themselves, but as the concept developed, they installed big refuse bins at various local collection points such as schools, asking people to recycle their used packs. As a result they now collect 50,000 packs a day. The packs are then sorted, cleaned, sanitized, sewn together and transformed into the Rubbish Bags. Profits from the factory are divided between all the employees in the co-operative."

article and pic from fashionpolice.com

the bags range from $20-$40. i love it. i think i might order one.

^that's so sad, how they manage to make money (or make vip friends giving them the bags for free) and promise things that won't never be true.

that's the point...a friend of mine that works for a local fashion mag told me that her boss recived 10...yes 10 bags on may just to wrote nice articles and "push" the "good cause" bag....:rolleyes:
thank you Luxx:flower:

I just don't get it. Why would you even want the bag if you weren't going to use it in the proper manner.

I wish they would just make the bag readily available. If they didn't do this whole limited edition thing the bag wouldn't seem so precious and people would use it in the proper manner instead of acting foolish. I think people are buying it right now just for the sake of having it - while people who really want it and would certainly use it in the correct manner can't find it anywhere.

Because Keira Knightley wore it :rolleyes: I think this bag is ridiculous and I bet not even half of the people here want it because they want to help the environment. They want to look cool/some one famous they like wore it/it is limited edition and they will "exclusive"...etc...obviously Anya Hindmarch is not completely concerned about the environment because she would let any one buy this bag like Luxx said, not make it so hard to buy which equals more $$$$$$ for her.

Wow. this has finally proven to me that we make a "fashion statement" out of anything. I work at a bookstore where we only carry plastic bags which, just to say, I think is truly a shame and wish I could do something about. However, whenever I see a lady come in with one of these I always ask whether they would like a bag or not and they say "yes" without thinking it twice.

I can't speak for anyone else,but I actually have always used canvas totes. I still use all of my other canvas totes, as well as this one. I think that if you really appreciate and understand the idea behind it, than all is not lost. I've seen others with it while carrying a plastic bag and it just shows how silly and oblivious some can be.

h

i totally agree. they should make the bag readily available, it'd stop the madness.

i didn't pick up my bag because i refuse to join the senseless throng and i do not want to make money out of something that i champion ie. i do bring my own reuseable bags (only when i'm carrying a big bag, my small bags cannot fit my foldable cloth bags). i am not a hypocrite though, i still use plastic bags although i try to avoid using them if i can.

as for the anya hindmarch i'm not a p-bag, it's not easy to fold it up, i'm not a two-bag toter kind of person. i find those thin cloth bags so much better, they fold really small, thin and compact, i just throw them into my bag of the day. (i get those thin cloth bags when i shop at some shops who dole out cheap and thin cloth bags instead of paper bags. some of them are over 5 years old!)

Last edited by a moderator:
One of my friends mentioned she was going to wait out the line in ny so I begged her to sacrafice her extra for me to buy from her.

I ended up giving it to my mom. She's an environmental lecturer and never uses plastic so I figured if anyone in the world actually "needed" this bag it was her. Plus I kind of like the idea of her walking around with a designer bag she knows nothing about.

OMG!! I've just recived an email from a friend of mine ... well she've found two sites that sells I'mnotplastic... replicas for more that $ 50.....!!!!!:sick::innocent:

Thats the worst bit on those 'pashmina' stalls on Oxford St I see fake imnotaplsticbag bag's, I actually saw a woman carrying one and could only shake my head...

Because Keira Knightley wore it :rolleyes: I think this bag is ridiculous and I bet not even half of the people here want it because they want to help the environment. They want to look cool/some one famous they like wore it/it is limited edition and they will "exclusive"...etc...obviously Anya Hindmarch is not completely concerned about the environment because she would let any one buy this bag like Luxx said, not make it so hard to buy which equals more $$$$$$ for her.
Very well said, I couldn't agree more... :blink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
multibabydoll
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->