Are These Bag Ok For A "city Girl"?

I don't like any of them, too flashy.
However, I would suggest something made of leather, it will last longer both in time and fashion :wink:

I see many different kind of city girls wearing all those, they are all "okay", but it depends on your style and what you like :flower:

from the ones you posted, I have the Vuitton Papillon (in Damier), the Theda GM (in Mini Monogram/gold), and the Chanel Ligne Cambon white large tote, so these are my choices if you ask me :lol: :P :flower:

I like the first Dior bag especially the colour it's good for a day out in the park or at the restaurant. I'm not very keen on that stylish pink copy it is too girly for my taste.

The blue one from LV is fab :blush:

My vote would be for the LV Pap, but I would do it in Damier. The mono is a little suburban in my opinion. Two years ago I would have also suggested the Gucci belt bag, but ever since Sex and the City and all of its followers beat it to death I would avoid that like the plague. The Chanel Ligne Cambon one is fabulous. However, even though they are extending the production, I think you are still better off with a more clasic style (quilted flap shoulder bag or plain quilted tote).

Whatever you do, do NOT get the LV Pochette.. it is probably the most knocked off style :doh:

The Dior Girly is pretty, although tacky. The red, yellow and green Dior is cute, very sporty.. not my style but nice.

Definitely go for the Chanel Ligne Cambon :flower:

I dont' really see anything that unique to even catch my eye.. All of those bags have been played out.. :(

Originally posted by luna@Jul 5th, 2004 - 3:17 pm
I dont' really see anything that unique to even catch my eye.. All of those bags have been played out.. :(
I agree with luna totally.

But if its strictly between those papillon in damier it's chic and sweet in my opinion.

If I were you, I would go for Vuitton Papillon. I want this bag the most out of all the other Vuitton bags! I will definitely get it sooner or later. It looks classic and it doesn't look old fashioned, it is the best choice out of the others.

I love Dior bags but I don't like the first Dior bag in blue, I also don't like the Dior rasta messenger and the Girly Glamour bag is definitely not my style, I think it is too girly and I just don't like the white flowers that are attached to it.

Most of those are really overdone bags. I've seen them around a million times over. Like softgrey said, the logo thing is quite passe now. I, myself, am getting tired of LV in any way, shape, or form. Time to move on. Bottega Veneta, Givenchy, and Lanvin are making great bags right now.

Originally posted by chickonspeed@Aug 11 2004, 09:03 AM
Most of those are really overdone bags. I've seen them around a million times over. Like softgrey said, the logo thing is quite passe now. I, myself, am getting tired of LV in any way, shape, or form. Time to move on. Bottega Veneta, Givenchy, and Lanvin are making great bags right now.
[snapback]328203[/snapback]​

i completely agree and if you must go for a trademark shape i would look into vintage chanel (no logo), balenciaga, or marc jacobs. at this point they never look like they're going to change that much. you can wear a caviar leather bag with a chain strap to your grave...ditto a black lariat and stella. they're the 'classic' bags of five years from now.

Right now for me its all about the bottega veneta's :heart:

Bottega veneta = love! They are absoloutly timeless in my opinion, very classic indeed, and so freaking hardwearing so well made!

get a bottega.

Originally posted by mikeijames@Aug 11 2004, 12:59 PM
i completely agree and if you must go for a trademark shape i would look into vintage chanel (no logo), balenciaga, or marc jacobs. at this point they never look like they're going to change that much. you can wear a caviar leather bag with a chain strap to your grave...ditto a black lariat and stella. they're the 'classic' bags of five years from now.
[snapback]328419[/snapback]​

I totally agree. LV mono is definitely played out. And I'd go with the MJ Sophia as opposed to the Stella. I see Stellas everywhere.

Originally posted by Ms. Diorella@Aug 11 2004, 02:14 PM
Right now for me its all about the bottega veneta's :heart:

Bottega veneta = love! They are absoloutly timeless in my opinion, very classic indeed, and so freaking hardwearing so well made!

get a bottega.
[snapback]328540[/snapback]​
definitely.

Originally posted by Ms. Diorella@Aug 11 2004, 03:14 PM
They are absoloutly timeless in my opinion, very classic indeed, and so freaking hardwearing so well made!
[snapback]328540[/snapback]​

this is the problem with design features that link the bag to a house. there are few bags that truly stand the test of time: they're usually so plain they withstand trend and cost more than a night's stay at the ritz in paris. the problem i have with bottega (and to be honest with many quilted chanels) is this: does anyone remember when you wouldn't be CAUGHT DEAD with a bottega or a chanel...it was the late eighties and the bags were like the epitome of cheesiness...that's why i'm reluctant about bottega bc if tomas maier flees the brand and its left to die (like say, bally) who's going to want to still carry it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
treasureagence
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->