Armani Privé Haute Couture S/S 2019 Paris

I'm always biased when it comes to Armani, Re Giorgio is a myth I have been growing up with, so my opinion on the collection could be not exactly objective but I loved the show as usual. There are some details that are so beautiful to look at and reflect the spirit of Couture, but there are also gowns which I hope and expect to see on the red carpet (Cate and Nicole I'm looking at you!)

Better than Chanel and Dior.

Doesn't mean much tho these days...

I agree it's amongst the better collections so far, but I really don't understand why he (and a lot of others, looking at you, Karl) so desperately wants to show a collection of 137+ pieces. They have some serious editing problems, just throw out half of the looks and it's a done deal.

This, for example, is a look that should never have seen the light of day:

_FIO0572.jpg

vogue

It’s very Hits/Misses.

Giorgio knows his clientele and knows how to please them. I’m not a fan of his shoulder and I think that a lot of the crazy creations are quite ugly but it’s so well done that it screams Luxury (Alexis Mabille And Ralph & Russo should intern there).

The best looks are the monochromatic ones.

I agree it's amongst the better collections so far, but I really don't understand why he (and a lot of others, looking at you, Karl) so desperately wants to show a collection of 137+ pieces. They have some serious editing problems, just throw out half of the looks and it's a done deal.

Expression of creativity I guess. When you draw it’s more difficult to edit than when you’re working with a stylist.
And for a more pragmatic reason. They have an international clientele and if some clients wants exclusivity in one dress, it changes everything.

And in Couture, usually the clients makes modifications so, that ugly color in total black is suddenly more acceptable.

Another circus-themed collection here? Because this time it looks like Giorgio wanted to focus the whole collection on clowns...

If I were a couture customer I´d save a lot of money this season. So far everything is hideous. My last hope is Galliano at Margiela.

Usually I love his brocades, but the colours this year are blinding. It's a split of hits and misses, that blue and red he used so heavily aren't very good together outside of costuming, and there's just so much to sort through here. It's exhausting just scrolling through all this.

It's hits and misses but it's so goddamn long. Maybe the Couture line is doing very well. He keeps expanding each season, and that would be the only reason they put out so many looks here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
treasureagence
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->