Giorgio Armani Privé S/S 2011 Paris

It is growing on me a bit, but it does not look like what I think of as an Armani collection...:huh:

okay i hated this until the detail shots. i dont LOVE it now, but i do like it now.

When I saw the first pics and the backdrop .. BEJEWELED came to mind (yes, the videogame). This collection certainly draws inspiration from jewels (as noted on Style.com) because of the infusion of colors and materials and to be honest....

Im very very very impressed. This collection looks NOTHING like the stuff Mr Armani has done before. I mean, can you see this to be the same designer who did THIS:

beyonce-knowles-79th-annual-oscars.jpg

from hotandbrclub.com

...impossible. It seems the label is moving on, and I like, no, LOVE the direction is taking. Phillip Treacy hats? YES! Models who look straight out of Studio 54 ? YES! All this show needed was Grace Jones performing!!!

Which, by the way, makes me wonder why the shift on the direction? I mean, we still see the jackets, and the pants, and things that are very very Armani but done in new fabrics and new colours. Is is because Mr Armani is grooming a new designer to follow him (was it his nephew or something?) And am I correct and didnt he had a deal to dress Gaga (which sounds more likely and plausible).

Regardless, this collection truly deserves a standing ovation. ALWAYS glad to see a pleasant surprise like this on the HC season (when everything REEKS of blandness and we all just gather to b*tch on how great was it 20 seasons ago) :ninja:

very modern..seems Lady Gaga is doing some good for the house of Armani

Lady Gaga would be very happy with this collection, seem like she could wear every pieces on the runway.

Wow. Was Armani visited by McQueen in a dream.
This is so out of the box I'm dying.
I can't wait to see this collection in mags and on the red carpet.

It is really wow. Striking.
probably better than anyone has expected

Magnificent collection!

If any guts remain to red carpet publicists and stylists, I see a fierce behind-the-scenes competition for those gowns.

Giorgio Armani Prive Couture Spring Summer 2011 Preview

I LOVE the colors, it's a nice collection to me.

And if someone's interested about by this they talked about it on the radio I thought I should post ah ah

I rarely get impressed by Armani but some of the constructions are amazing. I love how it has a glow in the dark feel with some neon green clashing against the high shine fabrics.

So cutting edges. Bad color choices overall, but the long navy dress is one of the best looks. I like how the curve creates almost an invisible pocket! Very creative for once!

i LOVE this! modern couture. it gets repetitive seeing the same ruffles and gowns all the time.

my only compliant, more so than the fabric, is the choice of color combinations. some of it looks off to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->