Giorgio Armani Privé S/S 2011 Paris

This is one of the rare cases when colour, cut and fabric are dead-on. If I saw the fabrics without seeing the dress I'd think it was absolutely hideous.

Such modern decadence...and I am so ready for more decadence these days. Love it!

Surprised that I'm loving this. Something about the cuts, colours and also the glossiness of the fabrics just make this perfect.

Many looks from Chanel HC S/S 2010, with Glitter and vribrant colors. B)

Armani try to be modern and something unexpected, some dress are really good, but anothers are just no good (to no say bad), some materials looks like plastic melting, and some shpaes are strange, but, it's Armani.

At the least it's an unexpected direction for Armani but at it's best it's a vulgar and badly designed collection that resembles an episode of Project Runway gone wild.

This is domething different! But suprisingly, I like most of it- despite the head pieces.

outfits look like sculptures. some of them are really beautiful, but the leggings were horrible, ruined so many of the outfits.

The colors and shapes are absolutely amazing! This was so exciting to look at!

This is really wonderful to look at. It's nice to see Armani play a bit, lighten up and have some fun with his work. Beyond that these clothes are a fascinating mix between minimal and maximal. They're so vibrantly colored and so shiny, yet you look at a lot of the pieces and they're either mostly or entirely unadorned. I doubt if anyone could call them boring, though.

I actually think is quite amazing tho at times a bit too shiny. But I shall not complain because some of the shapes are amazing and the play on fabrics showed lots of work put into it. And the sequin work on this jacket is fabulous.
--mg-8997-2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
this isn't my favorite armani prive collection (as the fall/winter collection probably ranks in that place for me), but i'm enjoying the new confidence bursting fourth at the house of giorgio armani. he has definitely turned a new leaf and it's so apparent not only in the designs for his house, but the bold strides the company has made in all of their endeavors. love him or hate him, this collection -- like so many of his others -- shows that it's not just a boring procession of beige.

00560m.jpg

style.com

Last edited by a moderator:
I really enjoy this alot.
it reminds me of a video game, and
really takes your mind different places depending
on how you look at it. I would love to feel that fabric and see
what it is made out of. I would love some pants made out of it :lol:

i'm not too sure how i feel about this. i really love the two sequin jackets but other than that i'm sort of struggling to find anything else. i think the colours used where gorgeous but i am not loving that material. i couldn't imagine how it would feel to wear...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vejjehejrh
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->