Atlanta Shoppping

HayMo

Reaction score
YAY! atlanta trip!

hey y'all! how is everybody?

well my mom's goin to atlanta tomorrow,.,., and i was just wondering if you guys knew any stores that she absolutely HAS to go in to! (to buy things for me of course :innocent: lol)

i did a search but nothing came up really so i hope you dont mind me asking!

what are some good places around Lenox Square and Phibbs Plaza? (thats where she'll be)

thanks a ton!

I'd liek to knwo to, the only cool store I've found there is called Blue Genes, wich si pretty good.

I read there was a new barneys co-op.

My dad lives in Atlanta so I shop there a lot, it's not bad actually. Phipps Plaza is the best for designers, they have Gucci, Max Mara, Saks etc. but at Lenox they have Hermes, Louis Vuitton, Burberry, Ralph Lauren, Salvatore Ferragamo...

Last edited by a moderator:
I am visiting my parents in Atlanta for a few days and am curious about any nice boutiques, vintage stores, discount stores (ala century 21), or any hidden gems of the sort. I know they have a Jeffery's and a Saks that is fairly nice but anything else?

Blue Genes is pretty cool, lots of jeans and some good designers.

There is a lot of vintage shops in the 'Little Five Points' area.

The Saks is pretty boring, as is the Nieman Marcus.

The Jefferys only sells womens clothes I think, I think it's probably more mainstream than the one in NY. Theres a shoe store next to the jeffery's thats owned by them , but it has a diffrent name.

blue genes (around lenox)
barneys co-op (phipps plaza)
jeffrey (phipps)
saks, gucci, versace (phipps)
juicy boutique (phipps - coming soon)
theory boutique (phipps - coming soon)
neiman's (lenox)
ferragamo, burberry, hermes, (lenox)
bloomingdales (only the lenox one is good)
bill hallman (virginia highlands)

i'll try and think of some others. there is an email list you can sign up for to be notified of sample sales that occur a few times a year off the beaten path down miami blvd (good deals on james perse, marc jacobs, diesel, c&c, juicy). you can also check out shoemaker's warehouse for great discounts on designer shoes (they are only open on weekends) at amsterdam walk

Atlanta has great little boutiques. My favorite is the Market off Lenox Rd. It's in this cute little shopping center in the residential area. There's another store next to it, forgot what it was called, that carries a good selection of See by Chloe. I managed to snap up a pair of the jeans while everyone was still hunting for theirs. :P

The boutiques in Decatur are good, also. There are a couple that sell cute housewares off E. Ponce de Leon.

wow ill be there in a week and im excited, didnt expect this many options.

Time to revamp this thread!! I'm in Atlanta right now for my sister's graduation. Since this thread hasnt been updated in years - are there any new stores that carry good menswear? I am leaving tomorrow - so any quick suggestions will help!

I live in Atlanta and I think there's a reason why I do a lot of shopping online :P
Blue Genes (Around Lenox) is great for (obviously) jeans and they sometimes have some pretty cool designer wear, too.
The NM (Lenox) and Saks (Phipps) are super boring (although I've heard good things about the men's department at Saks).
The Barney's CO-OP (Phipps) is decent, as is the Bloomingdales (Lenox).
Most of the designer stores are in Phipps, the more commercial stores in Lenox, and then the funky/vintage wear in Little Five Points.
I've been to some of the boutiques in Buckhead but have been disappointed; I have yet to check out some of the ones in Vinings/Sandy Springs, though.
Hope that helps! ^_^

I've lived in Atlanta my entire life, and I'm not a huge fan of the shopping here. But here are some of my picks:

- Drew Lewis, Midtown. Probably the best boutique in Atlanta. They carry Alexander Wang, Sea New York, Ben Sherman (mens), Band of Outsiders (mens), A.P.C., and so much more.
- Jeffrey Atlanta, Phipps. Best collection of designer footwear in Atlanta. I've seen Dries van Noten & Margiela here.
- Little Five Points. Great for vintage & off the wall items. There's also a great graphic T-shirt store here where they screen the design of your choice (you get it from a book of designs) while you wait.
- Bill Hallman, N. Highland. Great for party dresses and cute little tops.
- K-la, Atlantic Station. They have a lot of party dresses under $100 and also carry Nu-Bra.

As to the other stuff that's been mentioned, I would skip Barney's Co-Op. It's NOTHING compared to the ones in SF or NYC. They just carry a lot of Diane von Furstenburg/Marc Jacobs. Blue Genes is good if you're looking for denim, but the vibe is VERY L.A. Don't bother going there unless you're interested in looking like the girls on "The Hills."

^ Thank you both! Unfortunatly I am already home, but I did check out little 5 points, and found a great (mostly) mens store that carried McQ, Yoko Deveroux, Nice Collection, Umbro by KJ, etc. Will hopefully visit again soon!

Lenox Square is so ghetto. Neiman's should really revamp that store or better yet close it down and move it to Phipps.

it's not a good sign that atlantians have to do online shopping. I'm in chattanooga and absolutely MUST online shop. haha. at least you guys have Saks!...or heck even nordstrom. We don't even have a Macy's yet. :blink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->