Aviator Jacket

I agree that is way too much for ASOS!!!

I really love the trend though, its pretty much my style anyway which I was happy about when I saw them on the catwalk.

They are growing on me now and I really want one, just not as expensive as the ones I have seen around. Hopefully I will just the perfect Aviator jacket though!

I've had one from Topshop for a couple of years! Damn now everyone is going to have one!

I absolutely love it, so comfy and easy to wear, really versatile. I might buy a more expensive one this winter considering I've gotten so much wear out of my old one.

Can't wait for H&M to come out with their version.

I love this trend! It's so practical because it can carry you all through fall. And it looks so cozy!
I think the H&M one is very nice! I hope it's not too cheap-looking in real life. Now the challenge is to find it in store before everyone else snaps it up.

I've had a leather jacket that has influences of an aviator style for many years.

I wear it constantly once Autumn comes around, and into Winter before the weather turns serious and I need a full winter coat. I think it's a really great piece that can be somewhat versatile. I find them super comfy too, and a piece that can work well with a 'layered' look. Mine's just big enough to put a sweater underneath, and still have enough room to move.

I really want one but I cant help but think they wont be in fashion for long? Maybe thats just me but I'd rather not spend £200 something on a jacket when it will last one season.

They've been fashionable for about 100 years (but way too 'overexposed' this season) so I wouldn't worry about wasting your money ^_^

An aviator jacket is an investment piece and timeless classic. My problem is not whether to purchase one, but which to purchase!

Same here. I don't have the money to buy a designer shearling jacket like the burberry one but i don't want a cheap looking faux leather one either. The H&M one looked decent on the pic but it's not available in the stores only online and there it's already sold out.

I can dream all day about the Burberry ones. Só beautiful!

i modified this trend by wearing my motorcycle jacket with a detachable fur collar..looks cool!

This one from ASOS looks promising. Unfortunately with 350 pounds it's not exactly cheap.

pics: asos.com

Attachments

• ASOS flying.jpg
    ASOS flying.jpg
    12.9 KB · Views: 338
  • ASOS aviator.jpg
    ASOS aviator.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 28
I saw a nice one at Zara yesterday, but it was way out of the pricerange for what I would put on something by Zara

I like the one from H&M bit it's just overprice

Very nice.. maybe burberry will take pity and drop one by the studio for us

like other posters in here, i also want to get a sheepskin aviator jacket but cant pay the burberry price point. i also dont want to go faux because...what is the point? im not buying it for trend but for actually keeping warm and looking "cool" at the same time. i want something that will last a long time, especially if i have to wear it during canadian winters.

so i did a little googling and found this english company that makes authentic Irvin RAF flying jackets(the original designer aviator jacket) lined fully in sheepskin. im pretty interested. they sell in women's sizes for around 400 pound which is not that bad considering it is hand crafted according to your measurements or by standard sizing.
the only thing im weary about is the bulk...
anyone here ever seen an Irvin jacket in person?

just saw the H&M one in person today, it looked very cheap :(

i know aviator jacket is sooo overrated right now but i just love thinking about how warm and cosy it would be to wear in the winter.

i love the asos style jacket but sold out of course.

found this sheepskin jacket made from an english sheepskin company called Farmer Lamb.
it looks alright, not as stylish as topshop's or asos's. but these are in production still, not to mention cheaper than both high street stores at £260. any thoughts?
sheepskin-motorbike-jacket-thumb.jpg

farmerlamb.co.uk

i might still want to go for an authentic Irvin style jacket if it is not as bulky and the price is not double the farmer lamb's.

^I like that one much better than all the high street versions of the aviator jacket, actually. It looks really nice.

I've decided I'm not getting an aviator jacket this winter unless I find one that's an exact copy of the Burberry one :P

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hosewearer
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->