Aviator Jacket

everyone's wearing these jackets now. they're like the new "raybans." annoying.

^it does doesnt it, at that price and the looks of it. im tempted.

but i also found this american company that makes a variation of a B-3 bomber. from the looks of the picture the sheepskin looks more luscious and more expensive at $522.
not to mention the shipping to uk would be frightening.
is.aspx

aviationsupermarket

actually so far my favorite style is this authentic WWII B-3 bomber from Eastman Leathers based in uk. but...it is for men's only! Balenciaga made an exact carbon copy of this style but for women, with just the arm patch and pocket in a lighter brown.
B-3ELC.jpg

eastmanleather

I'm really diggin' into aviator look lately, but unfortunately it's kinda too hot to wear those kind of jacket in my country (esp the shearling ones) and I'm in love with Burberry's jacket but it costs really expensive...

Like someone said above, I prefer a motorcycle jacket with a detachable lining so you can lighten it up for spring and the warmer days in fall.

finally received my sheepskin b-3 bomber last week. been wearing it since and i just love it too much!! it is so soft and warm. who cares if it is sooooo in trend, it is definitely one investment piece i will want to keep for years to come.

^ I'd love to see pix if you have time.

Here's how not to wear them...god she looks so awful...like a big Yak!

tlfan

Last edited by a moderator:
sethii, i think you will be dissapointed with mine haha. it is a proper flying jacket so it is pretty thick. it is not shearling, it is sheepskin. not as thin as the sartorialist pic

i dont have my own pic but this is the jacket i got
screencapture1d.png

cockpitusa

Last edited by a moderator:
^ I like it - simple and traditional. The overblown Burberry style is fun but it's hardly versatile.

Not a fan of that one, the pockets are really unsightly.

does anyone else think it kind of gives you a boxy look??
not really flattering

I'm not really a fan of aviators for woman. I first saw them on the runways last year for men and I loved how they were masculine and rugged looking. The female versions seem too boxy on the female figure i.e. Anne Hathaway. The one pictured on The Sartorialist is ok but it looks denim to me...

It's one of those things that some people can pull off looking chic and up-to-date, but some people look like aviation posers when they wear it.

I'm in Berlin at the moment and Mango have the most amazing ones for women but priced at 499 for a jacket and 700 for more of a coat length one - its gorgeous. I'm just not sure if I want to pay that much for something that might go out of fashion in the next year, particularly since I'm based in Melbourne for majority of the year.

What do you rate this trends staying power?

I'm in Berlin at the moment and Mango have the most amazing ones for women but priced at 499 for a jacket and 700 for more of a coat length one - its gorgeous. I'm just not sure if I want to pay that much for something that might go out of fashion in the next year, particularly since I'm based in Melbourne for majority of the year.

What do you rate this trends staying power?

Probably 1 or 2 seasons- max

I would advise to save your money especially given that your based in Melbourne. Melbourne is so warm. You not often need to buy winter clothes. Trans-seasonal wear and layering does the trick most of the year

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cg1
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->