Bakerboy and Newsboy Caps

Jared

Reaction score
I've collected images from the runway and of various people in the public eye who have been seen wearing Bakerboy or Newsboy caps. I think it's a great juxtaposition between the modern clothing and the throwback to the late 19th/early 20th century.

The style I've specifically collated is hats with a prominent peak, which isn't found on the more traditional 'flatcaps'. Also, hats that are more 'unisex' and made from traditional materials that give them a more vintage look.

What do you think? Any TFS'ers rock this trend?

11710Greencoat2609Web.jpg

2209RLtwoWeb-1.jpg

(Source: The Satorialist)

background2.jpg

ralph-lauren-spring-summer-2010-2.jpg

(Ralph Lauren S/S 2010. Source: millionlooks.com)

SalmaFranoischeerFrance5mUlxFjPJRAl.jpg

TrendyBecksdeparts9TKt7ybi0eUl.jpg

Salma Hayek and David Beckham
(Source: JustJared.buzznet.com)

I do! I have a couple of such hats, one solid black & one quilted with different patterns. I prefer the solid, simple type.

I really like this trend, I've seen more & more people wearing them around town.

ha! go to hipster capital of california...echo park........and these are on every man....

Some more pics-

Johnny Depp

rsconcert03.jpg

101408_johnnyla.jpg

(source: deppimpact.com)

Victoria Beckham

becks-1.jpg

(source: luxurytrends.com)

Brad Pitt

brad-pitt-newsboy-cap3-1.jpg

(Source: famewatcher.com)

Aston Kutcher

ashton-newsboy-cap-anddemi.jpg

(Source: stylewithanna.com)

Slash

AroundParkCity2009SundanceFilmFesti.jpg

(Source: zimbio.com)

I love this trend! It looks cool, sleek, and adorable at the same time!

ha! go to hipster capital of california...echo park........and these are on every man....
:lol: yeah, my cousin's been spending way too much time there and he's always wearing that cap, with its respective three-day beard and leather jacket uniform..

I have one :lol:.. but haven't worn it since.. 2002?, I only got it because I loved the way Gisele and Kate Moss pulled them off (they were big from 00 to 02).. but then they were everywhere and in every color and material (hot pink satin cap, anyone? :sick:), not just dark wool.. it's funny how it became so bad it's now 'cool' for some people to wear them, I still need time to accept them.

Didn't JLo always use to wear them? Maybe not.... Idk...they remind me of her for some reason....

Ha! I used to wear one about ten years ago.

I don't particularly like these caps on women, but I do on men.

I think that women can sometimes look like they're in a pantomime when they wear those in a certain way. It can't be worn with a jacket that has any sort of military vibe or anything with a lot of structure or a menswear vibe. Soft, flowy, drapey, feminine -- you have to wear those, at least on the top half. Like cap, cardigan and v-neck top. Earrings also feminize it.

Saw some popping up in Melbourne stores and died of delight. Woolen tweed vests and thick cardigans and the sort also sort of appearing. Probably first time I've wished to be a boy, I love those old timey throwbacks.

I don't know why but I've always hated these. Maybe I only became aware of them when everybody started wearing them? I guess they look okay on some guys, but I must admit that the only garment I can be really close-minded about is hats.

These fall somewhere in my top 3 of Most Hated Hats :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
misterdior
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->