Balenciaga Denies Kanye West

say what you will about Kanye personally, but he and his fiancee spend a lot of money on high fashion and its a little dumb of Balenciaga (who have problems selling their excessively high priced clothing as it is) to deny him. He is one of the few people that can afford to buy the stuff.

his fiancee spends his money....:lol:

Kanye is ridiculous at times, but I think it's f*cked up that a lot of people on TFS always automatically consider Hip Hop artists tacky, especially when you look at how much the genre has influenced the world of fashion.

In the wrong way I might say...:lol:

I love him to death, he's so ******* arrogant. But I think that he genuinly loves fashion, and I also understand why Balenciaga didn't want him to attend again.

Haaa, people, mainly celebrities, seriously need to learn about exclusivity.

He is so full of himself I cannot stand him. I don't think his music is that great either.

He performed at my university once and was really full of himself, I think he felt he was too good to perform there, lol (but not too good for the $$ I suppose) .

Some of these statements that he has made on the podium at award shows are cringe inducing, they are such blanket statements uttered in a stuttering, inarticulate manner.
One of the worst public speakers I've ever heard, good lord.

If I was Nicholas I wouldn't invite him either; Kanye said that he wanted to start a clothing line and was looking for ideas from fashion shows. Why would I want someone who probably is going to blatantly copy your work in a cheap manner, (perhaps even "steal" in some people's minds) to sit front row? Who cares.

Last edited by a moderator:
i was just going to say,doesn't the irritatingly outward olsen twins always go....charlotte gainsbourg,kylie minogue,chloe sevigny....didn't sarah jessica parker often attend....and wasn't jennifer connelly there being that she's the new face of balenciaga???? i'm not defending this guy(god knows,fashion could do well without another overrated ego-maniac celeb)but its so hypocritical to disallow one famous person and then in turn let another one in. but maybe it's merely bias....perhaps,they're just not fans of his?? perhaps they're sexist?

Thank you for pointing that out. No one seems to ever want to see that this happens to other celebs, nor the fact that he isn't the only one at shows every single season.

the thing about this Kayne situation sounds like he just invited himself and he thinks it's NY where showing up just because he's so and so celebrity they'll allow entrance. because my understanding you get an invite. i would think celebrities do too in Paris.

^^I don't remember ever reading that he just showed up. It sounds more like he requested to go, and they said no, and now he is whining about it on his blog.

This post is so good that I had to comment! Really, I think it's an issue of branding here. Balenciaga wants to be associated with celebrities like Jennifer Connelly, who brings to mind a low-profile serious talent which is everything that Kanye isn't.

This post is so good that I had to comment! Really, I think it's an issue of branding here. Balenciaga wants to be associated with celebrities like Jennifer Connelly, who brings to mind a low-profile serious talent which is everything that Kanye isn't.

LOL true

say what you will about Kanye personally, but he and his fiancee spend a lot of money on high fashion and its a little dumb of Balenciaga (who have problems selling their excessively high priced clothing as it is) to deny him. He is one of the few people that can afford to buy the stuff.

Thank you!!

If they want to sell ugly @$$ "architectural" floral short sets, they better let as many people with too much money in to their show as possible. :ninja:

Thank you for pointing that out. No one seems to ever want to see that this happens to other celebs, nor the fact that he isn't the only one at shows every single season.

ive been to shows that he has turned up to before.

the security and PR let him in to big shows of corse because they dont ask to see an invitation of a celebrity because they assume that they have been sent invitation by the designer's office.
but once inside the press officers magically have to accommodate 2 extra guests in the front row. i remember at chanel once, all these ladies in the front row were complaining they were squashed because him and her came and they had to make way for them

ive been to shows that he has turned up to before.

the security and PR let him in to big shows of corse because they dont ask to see an invitation of a celebrity because they assume that they have been sent invitation by the designer's office.
but once inside the press officers magically have to accommodate 2 extra guests in the front row. i remember at chanel once, all these ladies in the front row were complaining they were squashed because him and her came and they had to make way for them

I read about the same thing happening at Ungaro this season, although he was late...An odd thing about this situation, now that I think about it, is that he was at the Balenciaga party.

I cant stand him. He is soooo full of himself! I'm glad balenciaga did this >=]

Kanye is so annoying. Of course Balenciaga would want attention. Its their own freakin` fashion show! Kanye please do what you do best and just stick to making music.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rearjepaj
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->