Balenciaga F/W 08.09 : Charlotte Gainsbourg by David Sims

Not liking. So over photoshopped, she looks like a doll (not in a good way). And like everyone said, very stiff (not in a good way either).

I agree, I find the poses are too stiff and you almost dont recognize her.

Maybe it was the point?... I think they shot her in the LA shop for a reason... they had the idea of making her look like a display mannequin.

^ I agree, I think the stiffness works, and that its what they wanted.
And consequently, it looks great!

That's actually a really good point La bourdelique.....and it probably was the intention. This isn't David Sims' usual look, so there's definitely a reason why the ads are given the fake, glossy treatment.

I think the really airbrushed look works given the sharpness and sci fi feel of the clothes. There's this clash of inhuman perfection, like an android, and fussy couture polish.....and really there's nothing more quintessentially Balenciaga than that.

Thanks for the scans!

I think this campaign is so great and suits the collection perfectly :heart:

Thanks for the scan !

this campaign is just so-so ...stiff as u guys said ...but not in an amazing way Coco doing for S/S 07 ...besides , she doesn't look like herself at all IMO!

I actually think the stiffness is very appropriate. The clothes themselves are very stiff...they have a body entirely of their own so I find it very fitting that for this campaign, they are having Charlotte pose with the clothes instead of posing against the clothes. I don't know if that makes any sense...I mean, in the shot of her in the black coat, the black coat's sleeves actually hang like that...she's not forcing them into that position.

i adore her! she looks so good and the ads are very pretty :heart:

Charlotte and Balenciaga make the perfect team. :heart:

What a perfect muse Charlotte makes. :flower:

Thanks for posting!!

I actually think the stiffness is very appropriate. The clothes themselves are very stiff...they have a body entirely of their own so I find it very fitting that for this campaign, they are having Charlotte pose with the clothes instead of posing against the clothes. I don't know if that makes any sense...I mean, in the shot of her in the black coat, the black coat's sleeves actually hang like that...she's not forcing them into that position.

exactly. i'm in love with this campaign:heart:

The stiffness looks intentional, definitely, so I'm on-board with that but...:lol: how do celebrities feel, I wonder, when photographers photoshop their faces out of existence? (What's the point of using them otherwise?) The nose bump in the second **** is the only thing that saves Charlotte's face as being as...well faceless as the first. I do like her eye expression. Blank but there seems to be some banked emotion behind it.

My god. These are so stellar-alien. Totally Balenciaga!! I am in love with this campaign.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianapalm
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->