Balenciaga S/S 2022 Paris

That was cute lol. Honestly I wouldn't expect Demna to do something so fun, silly and self deprecating. Good to know he has a sense of humor.

The collection however is... the same Balenciaga collection shown every season. But this one is particularly lazy, like they didn't even try at all.

Ohhhh I love the video! This is so cute! And the irony! Love when people don't take themselves too seriously, especially in the fashion industry.

The collection itself is really weird. On the one hand, it's clear that they wanted to incorporate the spirit of their couture presentation, with more or less successful results. Those couture-inspired looks are the best, even the hoodie/gown hybrid, which, surprisingly, is very in tune with Cristobal's work. However, on the other hand, there's that typical Balenciaga-ironic-stuff that is getting more and more uncomfortable to look at. For example the trench coat from look #52 is very... unfortunate. Same with look #30, the proportions are just too off and it killed the whole sense of making tailoring. And it's not even challenging in any way, it's just ugly to bring some attention.

Let's see where they will go, because, finally, there's some visible evolution in Demna's work.

Outstanding isn't enough to describe tis collection!

Wait a minute now looking at the actual collection... ugh. I am tired. The couture stuff is kinda cool and some of the men's shoes were neat. But I cannot agree more with @perhydrol about look 52... is that supposed to be bird sh*t?? And!! Some of the women's shoes are actually revolting! Those weird pointy toes make me wanna throw up :( A lot of it is interchangeable with the last like 7 shows

Just like Mugler, Demna has very little interest in advancing his vision...he just reiterates the same silhouettes in slightly different materials, colors or contexts. It neither offends me nor excites me...like watching paint dry. Some slight deviations from usual must register as an earthquake in his little world, the first two gowns are not flawless but a relief in a sea of predictability.

P.S. The video is so cheesy, I must be a very bitter individual because I didn't laugh once and considered the animation quite poor. They should have asked an anime studio...

As far as the collection goes, I'll just say I'm tired of the outrageously huge sleeves. I get that Demna is trying to establish his vocabulary and silhouette, and he has, but I don't know how great that particular silhouette is on the average person. I feel redundant complaining about this though.

I listened to his podcast with BoF yesterday and he spoke about Balenciaga using recycled textiles and biodegradable materials for their collections. I was just curious how that was incorporated into this collection. I would've liked for them to name what was used in each look, perhaps on a lookbook on the Balenciaga site or something.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andy190
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->