Balmain F/W 2010 : Kate Moss by Inez van Lamsweerde & Vinoodh Matadin

Is this what they're calling a campaign now? A washed up, tired model slouched awkwardly on a sofa.
I know! This actually looks like she was just lounging around on a couch, and a random person just passed by and snapped a picture of her with their pocket camera.

The lying pose and that worn down expression make her look like a kind of dislocated puppet wrapped up in a ridiculously insane amount of leather. To me it's dramatically amateurish and tasteless.

this is bad, but it's not predictable. kate in some random outfit in a back alley? okay, predictable, but this is just clinical.

where's the edge?

Haters gunna' hate. But I gotta love this, purely for the whole package. It's kinda 80's, I love it.

Love Kate and LOVE I&V, but this is such a disappointment. Looks like she's either stuck to the sofa or sliding off it.

Love Balmain. Love Kate. Love Inez and Vinoodh. Love Emmanuelle Alt.
BUT.
I think Emmanuelle Alt is explicitly giving herself away by working for Balmain and Isabel Marant at the same time, they basically have the same style.
PLUS
same model, same photographers..
this is getting old.

^ yeah, I thought the same at first. but then nothing will change in the future so it's better to like it than not; that doesn't make any sense, whatever...

I expected so much more from this title when I read Kate Moss and Inez & Vinoodh...:(

I don't understand either how this could turn out so bad. It's really, really, really bad. I hope the other shots are better than this one :huh:
This is about the worst campaign shot of Kate Moss I've ever seen.

Love Balmain. Love Kate. Love Inez and Vinoodh. Love Emmanuelle Alt.
BUT.
I think Emmanuelle Alt is explicitly giving herself away by working for Balmain and Isabel Marant at the same time, they basically have the same style.
PLUS
same model, same photographers..
this is getting old.

vogue paris and the gucci campaign definitely got the better creative from her this season.

Jumping in to echo everyone else: this is so incredibly boring!

vogue paris and the gucci campaign definitely got the better creative from her this season.

Not sure.
Gucci campaigns are becoming repetitive,
I'm of course a big fan of Vogue Paris
but though it is no doubt a magical reference and i adore Daria&Co,
i think we've seen enough of the same leather jacket look.

Your talking about repetition being bad. Then boosting Daria/Emmanuelle/Vogue Paris/Balmain, which is extreme repetition :lol:.

^^But alot of the creative decisions are down to the photographer(s), and not the stylist.

also alot of the time the photographer books the stylist and the model, i remember recently I&V compiled their list of people they liked to work with and kate and emmanuelle were in the list, so if anything the photographer is to blame.

I myself don't see the problem with the campaign (or maybe I'm just being bias) but i think it fits the collection perfectly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rakuskoangel
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->