Balmain F/W 2010 : Kate Moss by Inez van Lamsweerde & Vinoodh Matadin

Your talking about repetition being bad. Then boosting Daria/Emmanuelle/Vogue Paris/Balmain, which is extreme repetition :lol:.

That's exactly what i said in my last sentence, thank you.

^^But alot of the creative decisions are down to the photographer(s), and not the stylist.

also alot of the time the photographer books the stylist and the model, i remember recently I&V compiled their list of people they liked to work with and kate and emmanuelle were in the list, so if anything the photographer is to blame.

I myself don't see the problem with the campaign (or maybe I'm just being bias) but i think it fits the collection perfectly.

The stylist is supposed to be working next to the designer helping him with the artistic direction. Which includes deciding the looks for the collection, selecting the models for the show...plus all the choices for the ad campaign.

I find it perfectly normal that these people love working with each other. In the end we like their work in terms of aesthetics.

But I'm not sure if they're aware of the fact that they're repeating themselves. That's all.

^^and i think another major factor is the aesthetic of the brand, as much as it happens to fit emmanuelles personal style to a t, it just so happens to be the way the creative director and his team design the clothes and their taste levels.

what i was pointing out was more the creative decision of the campaign rather than the show, and the model choices are a majority of the time made by the photographer, although i assume the stylist has some sort of input but doesn't necessarily sit high in priority, but as i stated I&V love working with emmanuelle so id say they like to take her opinion into account as much as possible.

as i said before it fits perfectly, as this campaign has that kind of 80's feeling to it, which the collection also had too, which would click with alot of people if they paid more attention to the show and not just the campaign.

Last edited by a moderator:
well, it makes me wonder... do they shoot the marant and balmain campaigns togheter?
i mean the scenario looks the same, except the sofa, lighting and blah

they always look eerily similar. it was the same for last summer with Daria... and it looks similar again in location to the Vogue Paris ed of Daria at the same time.

well obviously all the budget for this campaign went down to dragging Kate Moss into it.

She fits this brand as i believe she can pull these clothes off everytime.

It comes what I exactly expected..Kate Moss perfectly fits Balmain, but personally I'd like to give a campaign for e.g Freja or Anna S, but not for Kate, now she always looks quite tired and I'd like to see a something fresh..

^Have you missed something? Balmain always has ONE campaign pic :flower:

Forgoing the usual behind-the-scenes video for their Balmain Spring 2011 campaign, photogs Inez van Lamsweerde and Vinoodh Matadin decided to create a more surreal experience. Titled Everglade (the name of the songit stars Kate Moss lounging on a couch being filmed by four surveillance-style cameras, the footage was then edited with animated by Jo Ratcliffe.

"We've had the idea for this video for some time. We are fascinated with the different realities going on in one shoot and so the music, the animation, Kate's movements and the camera angle represent these layers of perception," said Van Lamsweerde.

catwalkqueen

What exactly is the point of this campaign?

This looks more like an ad for the couch than the clothes.

I should have known better than to click on this thread. Bad campaign:rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vejjehejrh
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->