Balmain S/S 2010 Paris

Why is it giving me Tina Turner in Mad Max movie?

Last edited by a moderator:
I really do not like these skirts that look like rags. :ermm:

Balmain S/S 10 Paris

annas.jpg

news.yahoo.com (Please don't hotlink. Thank you! ^_^)

Rustic disco! I suppose it's a progression of sorts. The sparkles become more sombre.

Last edited by a moderator:
I take it this season the gladiator wh*re meets ice skater is the order of the day.

snejana-1.jpg

news.yahoo.com (Please don't hotlink. Thank you! ^_^)

Blegh. I like Freja's dress but the rest disappoints. Decarnin bores me to tears.

OMG! We Report LIVE from Balmain!

We've just arrived at the Balmain show and we love the magnificent setting in the ballroom at Le Grand Hotel. Check back here for the show report direct from Paris Fashion Week... UPDATE: Grace Coddington in the FROW, not many sharp-shoulders though - is that a sign that - shock, horror - the trend is over? (Well, maybe it would be if every other designer wasn't doing it.. ) UPDATE! Rihanna's just arrived on the front row.. big hair ! She's wearing: a black tuxedo jacket, midnight blue harem trousers, with brooches and sunnies. And she's so much taller than we thought !

And finally! The show begins! Here's what we're seeing..

Military! Shoulders are still a focus; only this time, they're not as wide, and they're all embellished and fringed with military details and medal brooches (is this what Rihanna was wearing in the FROW?)

Of course, there are lots of minidresses, all with shredded edges, sequinned, or chain mail or leather or all layered up. Lots of shredded finishes. All shown with Balmain's Boot Of the Season; a black lace up ankle boot with a skinny stiletto heel - and no platform.

Seriously skinny jeans; look like they're painted on, with lace up sides...

Lots of toga-style wrapped dresses, some with huge leather waist-cincher belts built-in...

Lines are softer than last season; hard leather trousers are contrasted with knits; a holey, ripped moth-eaten-style jumper in army khaki. Lots of shredding.

Key colours; khaki, gold, black and silver... a lot silver sequinned trousers with lace-up sides. Still a really blingy glamour. one amazingly sexy dress is wrapped around the body with hip bones exposed, the fabric hanging between the models legs.

All big models are walking; Anja, Daria, Carmen Kass...

Great soundtrack "if your girl starts acting up then take her friend .." what's that song...?

The stand out pieces... leather biker jackets; shoulders shredded with draped front and super-skinny arms, embellished shoulders with chain fringing hanging off; think Jacko doing dictator chic. And leather tuxedos, with lacing up the arms.

Final outfit? A skin tight, leather top with lacing details at the side, worn with gold chainmail skirt and those ankle boots again! Fierce!

- GRAZIADAILY.CO.UK

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JanEscher
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->