Balmain F/W 2009.10 Paris

You know what I'm going to speak in general defense of this collection. It's the same crap different day but there is something so completely wonderful about it. The Balmain girl is just...well she's a girl I enjoy. She's one of those cigarette smoke scented, slightly drunken party girls whose skirt is too short and she's not wearing undies. She's this brazen almost unhinged creature high on money, low on class and yet irresistible. These clothes are the clothes you get sloshed in the back of a limo in - I'm never going to do that but I'm glad someone else is so I'm happy this exists. SOMEONE has to do this and now that Roberto Cavalli has gone and gotten recession conscious and faux-classy I'm more than happy that Christophe Decarnin has picked up right where he left off and provided the Kate Mosses of the world with something to have hiked up backstage at a Kills concert.

Kudos Christophe. Kudos.

Exactly! :lol:

Yes this is trashy, of course; but it's deliciously trashy. :D

I agree with those who've said the prices are scandalous, though; in fact you'd need to be drunk to pay them.

This collection is so boring :sick::sick:
It seems as though he's running out of ideas..

i think i officially had enough of this glitter mess
last couple seasons was fun, not too ott and hard-party sexy but this looks truly truly cheap and sad

Seems like I'm one of the very few people who reaaaally like this huh? :P I agree, that it's a little repetitive from what he did last season... but hey: last season was fantastic and so is this! :woot: I absolutely love the emphasized shoulders, the fabrics, the grey & black, the "bling" (how some like to call it^_^) .. that's just Balmain! And exactly what I was expecting :heart:

nijuyanah I agree with every word :heart:

i like....

er. the Hair. and Makeup.

on the models.

what clothes, oh you mean this? it's a collection? :innocent:

No matter how trashy this is, this is doomed to hit high street stores like Zara!

I, too, think it's trashy and repetitive but damn i love this :lol:

Ohhh no i really like this :smile: the last one was better, but this is really cool aswell. i would lvoe to wear some of these "pailletten"-pullovers ^_^

as Suzy said, this was not about Parisian glamour but a global hard-partying look....Not a taste of Paris..If ladies want some DIsco feel like Gucci before,Balmain is your best choice(preparing few cars to pay them...)I have been tired about Balmain's long dress,being short in the front & crazy long bahind...it is just an icon,the designer has used for few seasons..

But this nothing like Tom Ford's Gucci.

Not to be rude, but this is the stereotypical collection that the blog girls with that *look* flock to. Its trashy and cheap looking, nothing more, nothing less.

the problem for me is not that he did the same thing as last season...its that last season was better! i hope he has something more in him than just sharp shouldered jackets, sequined mini skirts, and studs

It's always the same, but always enjoyable. He stole Margiela's peaked shoulders, though.

I love Balmain but this is just stripper **** with a 4 or 5 digit price tag. way too trashy for my liking.

im a slave to the 80s so im sold on what Balmain has been doing for the last few seasons

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rakuskoangel
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->