Balmain x The Lion King

giphy-1.gif

googleusercontent.com/

Just make a collection celebrating African artisans, why does it have to be this random-a$s “x Lion King” nonsense?

Generally sort of confused by the attempt to rebrand The Lion King as Black culture. The Disney PR machine at work, I suppose.

Generally sort of confused by the attempt to rebrand The Lion King as Black culture. The Disney PR machine at work, I suppose.
Hmm… I feel like this isn’t new ground for The Lion King. I think it was the musical that helped them brand it as such.

Reactions: KoV
True, I didn’t even think about the stage musical. But still, this specifically says it’s to celebrate 30 years of the movie. The animated movie with no human characters, directed by, written by, mostly starring, and with music by white people. Loosely based on a Shakespeare play. Produced by Disney.

Don’t forget that Japanese movie it allegedly ripped off, which I’m too lazy to look up at the moment.

As a Leo myself I am all about this whole mess after all Leo season is coming we need some drama and flashy clothes
But not a fan of Balmain tbh

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kero5000
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->