Bangs - Styling, Side Bangs, Fringes etc.

^Too short.I got nightmare's because my hairdresser did that only few days before my prom!:lol::judge:

^ I experienced that before. THe hairdresser cut it too short and I looked like effin' Cleopatra! :P That's why I always have my bangs cut at least a month or two before any special occasion/event. So they can grow out if any styling disaster happens. ^_^

I do trim my own a lot though -- secret to this is to not cut straight across but rather cut vertically into the bang -- like just snip upwards at the longer pieces.

Now I know what I've been doing wrong. :lol:

I never cut my own either. :lol: It's a recipe for disaster.

The length I ask for when I get them cut is "inconveniently long." They are barely in my line of view yet I could still see from underneath them.

Same here, chicandcool. B) We're probably about the same. The only problem I have with bangs is training them. On the previous page with Anna Wintour's photos, the bangs would go around farther than hers do. and it's tough getting them to sit where you need them to when they naturally want to swing to the side. :doh: That's the worst.

But, I would always straighten them the night before, sleep on them, and they would look awesome without looking harsh and razor straight. ^_^

^Same here... Training the bangs is so tough. I hate my bangs. They're never heavy enough in volume, and they always end up getting streaky by the end of the day. I find that I have to brush my bangs every few hours to keep them in place.

i never realised other people have "training" problems with their bangs -- my hair is pin straight and really wiry and they always want to stick straight out without that tiny bit of curve over the forehead... especially when i first get them cut after not having had them for a bit, my hair just wants to look super straight and pokey! i end up having lady-gaga-cover-of-fame-monster bangs sometimes and i hate it :(

My bangs looks perfect when I straighten them,and they can last for 2 hours like that,but when I'm in a hot/wet room,I just have to brush them.

But that's problem with all my hair,because it's very thick and even tough I straighten it,it gets all wild after few hours,and no spray or any product can make it staright for whole night.

When I'd straighten my bangs, they ends would look razor sharp. I needed them to look more relaxed instead of harsh. My friend gave me Redken Glass 01 Smooth serum. ^_^

2622mm9.png

redken.com

It's great, and I think it ought to help it stay relaxed for you, Lamia. I don't know how much it is and I hope it isn't too pricy. You just put a tiny dab between your fingers and run it through. Too much and it'll appear greasy.

^^ papa levante this is a great idea and that's exactly the problem with the pokey/straight ends i was talking about, i will definitely try something like this and see if it helps! i tend to wash my bangs more often than the rest of my hair anyhow so making them a lil' bit greasy after straightening is probably a good thing.

Last edited by a moderator:
You're so welcome, lafindesiecle. :flower: Just don't overuse it, I beg of you! :lol: Apply very little to the fingertips, and run it through the front of your bangs. They'll come out shiny and feel so soft throughout the day. ^_^ Please let me know how it works out. If it doesn't help your bangs, it's a great thing to use for little "baby" hairs and fly aways that won't stay down.

^Price is not that important to me,when a products is good then it's a good investment,just that there are no Redken products in my country:judge:That really sucks...:doh:

Then you're in luck, Lamia, because Redken ROCKS. B) I haven't used it as of lately because my bangs grew out and are now pulled to the side and don't need straightening any longer.

NYE_2009-0679.jpg_595.jpg

NYE_2009-0681.jpg_595.jpg

my own photos

I've had blunt bangs for a few years now, went very Betty for nye, it came out good

I liked it on you! But i'd just look stupid. I cut mine too short once, and I looked 5 years older than I really am :lol:

I'm getting mine cut on Friday morning. They are already side swept and very long. I don't know if I want to go back to blunt because I don't know if they will look good on me. The blunt bangs will be more than just cutting them; it'll be training a whole bunch of hair on my head so that I can pull off the blunt bangs better than before. :doh: I guess I'm just blabbing and we'll see what happens come Friday. ^_^

Today's the day. Ugh. :doh: I haven't decided what I want but I'll walk in anyway and see what happens. I might get them at blunt bang length while being able to push them to the side.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
theaucourant
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->