Bare Midriff S/S 09

^ It's inevitable, there's always one trend per season that people pray doesn't catch on with the mainstream that winds up being huge.

This is fine for runway to create a look, but it almost always looks trashy imo. The only way I would want to see this being worn is with a really high waisted skirt so that all you have is a sliver of skin between the top and the bottom.

I think it can deffinitely be done without looking trashy, if the belly button's not showing, so yes, with a ery high waisted piece it can be pulled off.

Alexander Wang did it for his Fall/Winter collection as well, but with a transparent cloth over the skin that's showing. I really liked it.

Noo my favourite online store asos.com has hooked onto the trend
Im dissapointed in them..

imagecredit: asos.com

I just dont like this style, it takes a certain figure to pull it off and im not looking forward to seeing the not right figured people wearing it .. if that makes sense!!

Wow, you would have to be really confident to wear that!

Last edited by a moderator:
This style is kinda growing on me but I know I'm gonna hate seeing it on EVERYONE esp those girls that think they're super hot like someone said.. and also for people who don't know how to style it right and pull it off right. Don't wanna see your whole stomach and belly button!

i think it can look nice if its a "slightly" cropped tshirt worn with "slightly" highwasited jeans or just regular rise jeans...they would also look nice with some slouchy pants...

You look great CherryPixie!
I think the short top Rumi from Fashion Toast is wearing is a grey t-shirt from American Apparel, I bought a similar one and love it with high waisted jeans.

miss sixty s/s 09
style.com

Attachments

• Miss Sixty00050m.jpg
    Miss Sixty00050m.jpg
    56.9 KB · Views: 2
  • Miss Sixty00330m.jpg
    Miss Sixty00330m.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 3
I secretly love this. But like most others, only when it's something paired with the bottom half being high waisted.

I have an event next week I might try it out at. Eeek!

Two ways this trend can be pulled off:
- Crop top with a high-waisted bottom
- Bandeau worn underneath a fluid, voluminous jumpsuit

The key to making it work is in exposing as little skin as possible - think of it as a "sneak peak."

I would love to wear this, BUT i would (like many of you) only wear it with something high waisted.
and there comes the problem: if i would wear it with a high waisted skirt, the skirt prolly is only mid length which would show the part above my knee and that is not a flattering look on me.
I don't like hugh waisted pants on me, only when they have a wide leg.

what do you think? wearing a high waisted , knee length skirt would be cool, too? how else to wear it?
i think it is kind of tricky ^_^

Any skirt length will do, including knee length. You don't have to go for very high-waisted trousers or skirts, just push something you already own slightly above the belly button; this works particularly well with elastic waists. Btw, I don't think showing the belly button is out of the question (and may look better on some body types), the point of the trend this time round is not to expose a lot of skin, just a sliver.

Ohadriana's idea about a bandeau top (or a bralette) with a fluid jumpsuit is also nice. A similar effect is wearing one under a loose, plunging v-neck shirt or dress.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ive noticed alot of cut off to[s in the shops in british highstreet but they arent as extreme as this they are more like baggy cut off tee shirt ..proper 80's style.. i have a few which i layer up but i would never show my stomach =[

I bought this top last summer for 10$.I love wearin' it with high waisted pants or skirts.I love cropped tops

Very cute if it's in the same color family and/or color intensity (i.e. muted tank, muted bralet).

I think Gala Gonzalez (http://am-lul.blogspot.com/) knowes how to wear it!
foto.jpg

IMG_7018.jpg

IMG_7030.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
The Byron Boy
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->