BB Creams

flutterbugfly

Reaction score
BB Cream: Hottest Foundation Trend in Korea + Taiwan

...and slowly taking over the world. :P I think it's only really been advertised in East asian countries (mainly korea) so I don't known if many members have heard of this? BB cream is apparently the secret to a lot of the "makeup less" (but still flawless skin) photographs of Korean stars. I was wondering if any members here use bb cream? Recommendations? I was really excited when I heard about this product because apparently it actually works really well. I asked my aunt in Taiwan to buy me a bottle of BRTC.

Information:
B.B Cream , also known as Blemish Balm, started off as a soothing treatment balm dermatologists + surgeons used on patients who underwent laser skin treatment. It helps to shield\protect and regenerate delicate skin. Korean actresses and stars soon started using this cream and it sparked off a huge craze in Korea due to its excellent results.

Beauty brands in Korea have since developed BB cream and made it more suitable for Asian skin.

By far, many brands have come out with their own BB cream of various different functions.

BB cream is a foundation that soothes and regenerates the skin, meanwhile acting as a good foundation with excellent coverage. It can cover dark rings, acne marks and uneven skin tone naturally, giving your skin a natural glow. It also has good oil control power without conprimising your skin's moisture level.

BRTC is the best brand of BB cream (or so it seems from what I've read) followed by Dr. Jart. Other brands that sells bb cream: Missha, Skin Food, Etude, etc.

Sources (my computer is being dumb but some of the sources have before and after pictures):
http://forums.cozycot.com/showthread.php?t=26032
http://blog.yam.com/hikorea/article/10626421
http://meimei.ns2go.com/index.php?jo...ry&seekname=10
http://www.wretch.cc/blog/saugu0831
http://kimoko.livejournal.com/197110.html#cutid1

i checked out some sources in your post and it seems nice :smile: thanks for the posting :smile:

You can buy them here with global shipping. So which is best I am confused. I don't want one with whitening.

So I really looked over the ingredient list of some of these products and found that many of them have actually pore clogging ingredients that might break people out more. Has anyone expereienced this? They seem to contain a lot of oils.

Soft Peachy is a legitimate site, but apparently it's a complete RIPOFF! Apparently they jack up the shipping prices so the complete cost of a bottle of BRTC + shipping is 100USD. A bottle of BRTC in Taiwan/Korea actually costs about 30USD. BRTC has the best brand of BB cream, I've heard Perfect Blemish Balm is absolutely fabulous...pretty good oil control, good coverage, and skin is noticeably clearer after about 1 months use. BRTC Perfect Recover Balm is also very similar to Perfect Blemish Balm as well, except it's thicker and the oil control is ever better (apparently, you're face stays matte the entire day). I heard Dr. Jart is the best after BRTC. If you are looking for coverage Hanskin Super Magic BB cream has the highest coverage, but it's only suitable for light skin tones. The more popular *cheaper* brands are Skinfood (Aloe) and Missha.

OH!!! And please remember that bb cream IS still a make up product, so you still have to wash it off your face at night.

Found some review/testee thing:

DoDo: Bumps experienced by sensitive skin (contains mineral oil)

Dr Jart Black Label: Good coverage on scars & other imperfection, oil control, some whitening effect, SPF25

Hanskin Premium: SPF30, pretty thick texture, whiter application

Missha: Bumps experienced by sensitive skin (maybe because it contains mineral oil), chalky texture hard to blend, sheer-medium coverage, medium blendability, better oil control than Skinfood, cheapest
Skin79 Dermax: SPF15, smooth liquid texture, sheer-medium coverage, natural look, no fragrance, not as glowy compared to rest but still bright, skincare properties, nano tech for arbutin (whitening ingredient) to be absorbed, some users find skin appear better after removing, some users paired with it foundation as glow can be radiant

Skinfood Ginkgo: Makes skin healthier, shrink pores abit, glowy for dry skin, skin appear oilier (for oily skin type), bumps & itchiness experienced by sensitive skin,
pimples experienced by oily skin, hard to blend, sheer coverage, shade #1 is yellow tone; #2 is pink tone, more suitable for normal skin

The Face Shop: Clogged pores, skin becomes coarser

Tony Moly: Sheer coverage, heavy scent

this sounds interesting..!
i love Missha, they have pretty good stuff for really good prices.

I recently bought the ICS BB Cream at a Korean cosmetics counter. I wanted to try the Dr. Jart or the BRTC but they only carried the ICS one. I was really hesitant to buy it cuz the color has a grayish cast to it and it was $58. But the SA assured me that the cream blends into the skin really well and conforms to your skin color.

She was right. I love this cream. I have been searching for the "perfect" foundation/tinted moisturizer/concealer for YEARS. Up until now I've been using the Shiseido stick foundation and their Powdery Foundation compact both in O60. I would never stray from the Powdery Foundation cuz I haven't found anything better but I wasn't completely satisfied w/the foundation.

Anyway, the cream really does blend well, it's not heavy yet it does a good job of covering imperfections w/out the help of a concealer (I have slight acne scars, the occasional zit, and a little redness around the nose area) and I can wear it alone or w/a light brush of my Shiseido powder for a very matte, airbrushed look. When I wear it alone, it gives me a nice glowy look but not greasy. And it keeps my face matte so I don't have to touch up through out the day. It also doesn't oxidize so the color stays the same.

This is def. a make-up product, not a face cream. I recommend you use it in place of your foundation/tinted moisturizer. The SA told me I don't need to moisturize since this should take care of it but I have very dry skin so I still used my day cream.

Sorry for the long post but I just wanted to share this w/everyone. I highly recommend trying a bb cream. :flower:

I found the missha one on ebay. I am not sure if I paid for it though my page went a bit funny!

So wait, does this cream come in different shades or is it one shade fits all?

^^
Thank you for the info. I assume the shades are pretty light as most of the Asian market (where these are from) is considered to be light....I'm really fair so maybe I'll look into these. Usually I have to stay away from one-size-fits-all shades because they tend to be too dark on my fair skin but this might be an exception.

^ I don't believe so

And about the comment about shades of bb cream. I think you put it on and sometimes it will be too light or whatever, but it's made to match your skin tone (for those with lighter skin tones, of course if you have really dark skin I doubt the bb cream with match). I read somewhere that Dr. Jart takes up to 20 minutes to settle with your skin tone, but BRTC does it it immediately. Sorry if I sound a bit bias (reporting only on Dr. Jart and BRTC, but those were the only ones I was interested in buying after reading multiple reviews. haha). Apparently the BEST bb creams cannot be found on the web, rather, you have to go to Korea to buy them in shops.

Here are some of my reviews on different BB creams that I have tried, I have tried 4 different ones so far ( Peripera Rosemary BB cream, Skin79 Beblesh Cream, BRTC Perfect Soothing BB cream & Banila Co. Let me finish BB cream with SPF37 PA++.

I have been using the Banila co. one for 5 days.

Review on Banila co. BB cream:

This comes in a 35ml pump bottle.

My skintype: acne prone, mainly spots during the time of the month, oily during summer months and normal during colder months, past acne scars/marks and dark eye circles
My skintone: NC20-30 or 73 Bourjois 10 hour sleep effect
My skincare routine using BB cream: Bioderma Sensibio H2O, Bioderma Hydrabio Moisturizing lotion, Clindagel, Lutsine Hydrafina, BB cream and Kanebo Revue 2-way cake foundation.

Texture of BB cream:
I absolutely love the texture of this one, very light but yet very moisturizing!
Oil control of BB cream: The oil control is very good, my skin didnt feel oily during the whole so didnt feel the need to use a oil blotting paper at all!
Colour of BB cream: this is the best shade for me, its yellow toned, but much lighter than my Peripera cream. It blends very well into my skin.
Coverage of BB cream: Good coverage, almost feel no need to use a concealer for my post acne scars esp. not after my Kanebo Revue 2-way cake!

Review on Peripera Rosemary BB cream:

Texture of BB cream: this one has a rather thick texture but smooth to apply. You need to blend well for even tone.
Oil control of BB cream: I m very happy with the oil control because I didn't need to use once my oil blotting paper during the whole day.
Colour of BB cream: the cream is quite dark for my skin tone so it doesn't bright up my skin but I finish it off with my Kanebo 2-way cake and this combo makes me look flawless.
Coverage of BB cream: Pretty good coverage but I still need a concealer to hide some post acne scars.

I am also interested since I'm half Asian and have never found a Western product that has helped with spots, hyper-pigmentation, or keeping oiliness away for more than one hour. Only thing is I also don't want the ones with whitening... what is the point in using that unless you're also bathing in whitening cream? Nobody wants to look mismatched with a face several shades paler than the rest of their body. :blink:

^hm yeah they do look more pasty. I've heard that BRTC Prefect Blemish gives a dewy look.

I'm getting my BRTC bb cream (perfect blemish + recover) in a couple days! I'll post a review w/ pictures if I have time. :smile:

After looking at a couple more reviews I'm really interested in tryign skin79 beblesh cream (a member on another site emailed soft peachy and they recommended this bb cream over BRTC).

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amywhiffen
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->