BB Creams

Hello gals, I just bought two full size tubes of Hanskin Super Magic BB Cream in a spree, 43.5g, but found it too moisturizing for my somewhat oily skin. It's really good coverage compared to other BB creams for a no-makeup look, hid my flaws well enough without the need for concealers. Other pluses - gentle, easy to apply and sinks into skin quickly, fragrance-free, dewy, light, bright finish, high SPF 30, doesn't cake and lasted the day. Although it isn't oily and I tried using some loose powder over it, my T-Zone feels a bit sticky at the end of the day and I have decided to get an oil-control, oil-absorbing formula that doesn't need any powdering. I also didn't notice it has "whitening" effect before ordering, not something I want. So, I'd recommend it for fair, drier, sensitive skin that needs the hydration, and for someone who prefers fair skin. Other than the moisturizing and whitening effect, I'd say this would have been perfect for me in terms of its performance. Contains some herbal and green tea extract as well which might have helped with my sensitive skin, and it's fragrance free, unlike most of the other brands. I'm thinking about saving it for winter when my skin gets drier and dehydrated, but I'm also dying to try another oil-control brand for the summer.

If anyone is interested, I'm willing to part with both. Do PM me if you're interested.

ok...
i have combo skin that is understress (hence a bit of blemish and you-know-what) and quite dehydrated, and very sensitive. also i have pale skin (mac 15 and chanel teint innocence #10).

i would like to have a recommendation of BB cream that is mid-price range. so I am thinking of skin79.
what do you guys think?

^ Skin79 has pretty good coverage I think, but then its a bit thicker than the other more sheer BB creams. Since you said you have a bit of blemish I suggest something like SkinFood BB creams in ginkgo or aloe vera. Since the price isn't too bad, you could try it out and if you don't like it, it's not too much of a loss :smile:
SkinFood BB cream is really sheer and quite moisturizing (for your dehydrated skin) I recommend trying it!

Anyone have any updates on how the BB cream is affecting their skin?

Mine has definitely cleared up and I no longer have brown or purple blotches of hyper-pigmentation. It is now either faded away or is pink or red. Only problem is, I don't know if it is going to go any further and make the hyper-pigmentation vanish entirely. Has anyone else suffering from this had any results from the BB cream?

I just got a BB Cream by Skin79, wasn't too impressed. I still needed to use concealer. But maybe my expectations were too high?

I recommend the Lioele BB cream!

this stuff is amazing!
i'm korean and my korean friend used it and recommended it to me.
the Lioele BB cream is probably the best brand out there in Korea..
it has the cutest packaging and the coverage is great
this one prob is the best for ppl with oily face.. thats me haha
its not oil-free, but definitelyhas the least amount of it!
plus it really does brighten your face :smile:

i'm also considering getting the water dropx BB cream from the same brand.
it's supposed be really good for oily-combination skin cuz its really made mostly of water.. haha

but yeah, deff try it! :smile:

I have been using the BRTC Jasmine water cream for a 2 months and I absolutely LOVE IT. I have dry skin and this is perfect. I tried many other BB creams and I didn't like it, either too oily, makes me breakout, gives clogged pores. But the Jasmine water is perfect. I really recommend everyone to give it a shot.

BB creams are like tinted moisturiser with SPF, anti-aging (anti-wrinkle), whitening, acne cream all in one.

It used to be used by Korean celebrities after they did plastic surgery to soothe their face and cover the redness. They then formulated BB Cream to be suitable for all types of skin as it was a big hit and the celebs were applying it even after their skin has recovered

My friend let me try her Skin Food Aloe BB Cream in shade 1 the other day, and it looked great! It wasn't perfect, though, because she is pink-toned whereas I am yellow/olive-toned, so her shade made my skin look a tiny bit dull although it wasn't (surprisingly) that huge of a difference--nothing a light dusting of my own powder foundation couldn't fix. It helped even on my skin tone (I have some minor acne scars) and it feels like a tinted moisturizer. I love the consistency and the fragrance, and the finish is nice. The BB cream looked perfect all day, and I only had to blot once throughout the day, and even then it wasn't necessary to blot. I went on ebay and bought my own BB cream in shade 2. I'm sure shade 2 is perfect for my skin! Funny, the whole time I thought I was too dark/olive for BB cream... but it blends and matches my skin tone like a dream.

I've sold the unused tube of Hanskin and over the past winter, I have been using the black Hanskin which I tried, and I must say I really like it after all, and half of the tube is now gone. I don't see much therapeutic effect, but I don't wear makeup everyday. I mixed the BB cream with some of my regular foundation for more coverage, and it really gives a smooth, silky finish, and the makeup isn't as visible as regular foundation. The texture is just different, more creamy, less chalky. It feels better on as well, less skin reaction, etc. It's still too oily for summer, and I've started using BRTC Perfect Recovery instead, and I'm also back to my YSL Powdercreme Veil, but come winter, the Hanskin will be put to good use.

This is the kind I use! I live in Taiwan right now and yes, BB cream is so popular. Personally I still prefer foundation though. :smile:

This is the kind I use! I live in Taiwan right now and yes, BB cream is so popular. Personally I still prefer foundation though. :smile:

woops, forgot to credit. The pic is from yahoo.com.tw's online mall

Last edited by a moderator:
After reading a whole lot on BB creams, I decided to try it out and got the Skin79 Super+ Pink BB Cream. After using it for slightly over a week, my conclusion is that:
1. it provides minimal coverage (I still needed to use concealer)
2. it did nothing for me in terms of oil control
3. I began getting tiny red spots around my chin and cheek area

Fortunately, the BB cream I got was sample sized so I didn't waste money on it. Perhaps I should try a few brands/types before writing off BB creams but I am not risking my skin for that since it took me years to find a skin care regime that worked for me.

The creams probably work differently for different people. I just thought I'd share my experience with it.

I recently purchased some BRTC BB cream and it gives much better coverage than I expected!I barely need concealer ( except for a couple of nasty cysts) It also gives a strange oddly coolness to the skin which is quite pleasant. Howver I always use primer and I was wondering if this will block the effect of the BB cream??? I tried it without primer but my pores are still quite visible :(.
Does anyone else use primer under their BB cream??

^^ Yeah personally I think BB cream is just a ripoff... :innocent:

I know I've said this in other threads too, but I really love the BB cream from banila co.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jessRW
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->