Best City For Fashion?

so_pink

Reaction score
looking at diverse boutiques, small indv local designers, big label desginers, access, resources, etc..where would u live for fashion only??

each city is FAMOUS for a specific fashion.

I LOVE LONDON for having helped me distinct my style and stand up for it :heart:

for some reason i always see other fashion capitals copying LONDON :innocent:
(sooner or later) :ninja:

1.Antwerp(en)
2. Paris
3. New York
10,256. Los Angeles :lol:

Faust,lets be more specific. Antwerp is the thinking person's fashion capital :wink: :P

Followed by:

Paris
Berlin
London
Tokyo

I leave out NY because frankly,I don't think its worth mentioning because the way they treat their creatives. The other cities I find appreciate and respect all forms not just one side. Shopping and street-style,of course,that's another story all together.

Leyla*,it happens anywhere where innovation is happening. Loads of people are copying not just London but also Antwerp. Trying to anyway :rolleyes:

I already live here-NYC-but Paris runs a close second...

that's for work-for shopping...honey-I love shopping-just give me a grocery store anywhere in the world and I'll be fine... all the labels and different packaging...I can shop anywhere and be happy! :heart:

Originally posted by Scott@Feb 12th, 2004 - 12:05 pm
Faust,lets be more specific. Antwerp is the thinking person's fashion capital :wink: :P

Followed by:

Paris
Berlin
London
Tokyo

I leave out NY because frankly,I don't think its worth mentioning because the way they treat their creatives. The other cities I find appreciate and respect all forms not just one side. Shopping and street-style,of course,that's another story all together.

Leyla*,it happens anywhere where innovation is happening. Loads of people are copying not just London but also Antwerp. Trying to anyway :rolleyes:
:lol: You hit it on the nail, about Antwerp! Well, we've discussed it in other threads. I've been there twice, and I dream of moving there. I don't dream of visiting again, because I know I will!!!

Berlin, that seems like a good choice. It's one of my next destinations (it's so much harder to travel when you have a 6 weeks old child :unsure: )

Can you elaborate more about your opinion on NYC?

Originally posted by softgrey@Feb 12th, 2004 - 12:15 pm
I already live here-NYC-but Paris runs a close second...

that's for work-for shopping...honey-I love shopping-just give me a grocery store anywhere in the world and I'll be fine... all the labels and different packaging...I can shop anywhere and be happy! :heart:
Softgrey, you are wanted here:

thread

Originally posted by faust+Feb 12th, 2004 - 12:57 pm--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(faust @ Feb 12th, 2004 - 12:57 pm)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-Scott@Feb 12th, 2004 - 12:05 pm
Faust,lets be more specific. Antwerp is the thinking person's fashion capital :wink:  :P

Followed by:

Paris
Berlin
London
Tokyo

:lol: You hit it on the nail, about Antwerp! Well, we've discussed it in other threads. I've been there twice, and I dream of moving there. I don't dream of visiting again, because I know I will!!!

Berlin, that seems like a good choice. It's one of my next destinations (it's so much harder to travel when you have a 6 weeks old child :unsure: )

Can you elaborate more about your opinion on NYC? [/b][/quote]
Well,when I think of best city for fashion,I think of fashion in all its nuances. And I don't mean silly,overhyped labels from an actress or a famous bandmember either. Paris,London,Antwerp etc. etc. has so many different talents and levels of design that are appreciated more so, by many, than in NY.

Berlin is mine too. I've never been but I keep a watchful eye on what's going on in other parts of the world(or do I try) and there's quite alot of interesting things coming from there these days. Same for Vienna as well,btw.

Originally posted by Scott+Feb 12th, 2004 - 2:29 pm--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Scott @ Feb 12th, 2004 - 2:29 pm)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by faust@Feb 12th, 2004 - 12:57 pm
<!--QuoteBegin-Scott
@Feb 12th, 2004 - 12:05 pm
Faust,lets be more specific. Antwerp is the thinking person's fashion capital :wink:  :P

Followed by:

Paris
Berlin
London
Tokyo

Can you elaborate more about your opinion on NYC?
Well,when I think of best city for fashion,I think of fashion in all its nuances. And I don't mean silly,overhyped labels from an actress or a famous bandmember either. Paris,London,Antwerp etc. etc. has so many different talents and levels of design that are appreciated more so, by many, than in NY.

Berlin is mine too. I've never been but I keep a watchful eye on what's going on in other parts of the world(or do I try) and there's quite alot of interesting things coming from there these days. Same for Vienna as well,btw. [/b][/quote]
Oh, Vienna, I miss it too! It's so beautiful, albeit a bit conservative...
If you ever plan on going to Vienna hit me up by email ([email protected]) or AIM (mefistofel92). I have a secret to the deep discount last minute opera tickets, if you are interested in that kind of thing.

i remember reading something about Montreal being a growing fashion capital as well. Second largest french speaking city :smile:

The city has a unique blend of French, English, and American fashion influences.

Me personally New York and London with Paris coming 2nd close :flower: I've seen other places but I've spent the most time in these places.

i've been under the impression, that these fashion capitals are known for the following but not limited to though ofcourse..

Paris - Haute couture
London - men's wear
Milan - leather goods
NY,SF,LA - sports/casual wear

Originally posted by Jentlemen@Feb 12th, 2004 - 4:02 pm
i've been under the impression, that these fashion capitals are known for the following but not limited to though ofcourse..

Paris - Haute couture
London - men's wear
Milan - leather goods
NY,SF,LA - sports/casual wear
true-true-thanks for the reminder... :flower:

Originally posted by Jentlemen@Feb 12th, 2004 - 3:39 pm
i remember reading something about Montreal being a growing fashion capital as well. Second largest french speaking city :smile:

The city has a unique blend of French, English, and American fashion influences.
I've never been to Paris or Milan or Berlin.

Lucky Duckies!

Of the North American cities I've been to, I'd definately pick Montreal. I also have a big soft spot for Toronto (some really great street styles,) but that's because I'm a home-town girl like that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hillary Daniel
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"