Expiration Dates - When to keep and when to toss old makeup ?

Call me gross but I refuse to throw away anything that does not appear to be expired. my first MAC lippie is 5 years old and still looks and smells like 5 years ago... but I do throw away dry clumpy Mascara, simply because it doesn't work anymore, not because of any expiry date.

However, I keep an inventory list of my makeup to see when it was bought and the prices. The price developments are scary lol and my oldest makeup stuff is 6 years old :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Lipstick get positely nasty after about 2 years. Mascara never lasts past expiry date with me anyway. With everything else... if it's start smelling like wok oil... it goes to the bin. Or get donated to frenemies :ninja:

I use all MAC and like to keep it up to date. I barely ever even use makeup anymore (just some concealer and mascara every once and awhile) but I do try to toss my mascara every month and I used to get a new foundation every month or so (but don't really wear it much anymore) and lipsticks are usually 6 or less months, depending on if I like it or not. See with mascara, it gets wierd after a few weeks and I like it to stay glossy and having it go on smooth.

I use mineral makeup and they claim (hopefully it's true) that it really lasts. I really only throw out anything that can be opened to air, like mascara or lip glosses that have wands.

This thread makes me feel better, I usually don’t throw make up, I would use them all up instead.

i only just learnt what the little pots with the numbers meant a while ago:lol:

i hoard my make up anyway, i only just recently did a clear out and it was gross. i tend to use up things like mascara, liquid liner and foundation up way before they get a chance to become out of date.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vejjehejrh
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->