Best mens leather jacket?

Cloak's quality is known to be very patchy, so I wouldn't trust dumping a bunch of money on one of their jackets unless you're very familiar with it or have lots of opinions from other people who have actually seen it in person.

Also, that Dior Homme jacket you posted is widely known as the worst quality DH jacket ever made. If you get a leather from an older collection, it should be great.

sorry for the multi-post. don't know why i cant edit it. this is another jacket i like.
0188.JPG
viaroma.com
so expensive though. what other suggestions do you guys have?

You can't expect a designer look with a low retail price, unless the various mall stores happen to put out a knockoff version. even regular leather labels priced their jackets at around $400.

Go thrift-store hunting if you really feel the need to cheapen out.

hmnmm... isn't that the same one as you posted a few comments back with luisaviaroma except this one is grey.. and luisaviaroma is black..

It seems to me that you already have your eyes set on what you want anyway.. so go ahead and just buy it.. of course the question is how much you are willing to pay

yeah, it is the same, but it's about 3000 bucks and i dont think i can spend more than 1000. i thought i had a shot when i was trying to buy some guys $2000 dior store credit for less than $1000 but that doesn't look like it's going to go through. i think i was dreaming though. oh well. the hunt continues.

skunkindunks said:
come on guys. any more ideas?

There is a guy on ebay right now selling a really gorgeous Costume National leather biker jacket for $500. I've seen that jacket in person - it's excellent. I would definitely buy it myself, if I wasn't on a budget...

That black (or grey) jacket is supposedly also total crap, especially for the price. If you want DH, buy from an old collection!

^With your budget I'd browse the sites and stores faust mentioned or hunt for a vintage Lewis Leathers or Perfecto.They're the real thing if you're after a classic biker style, as it seems from your DH posts. Then there's APC, they do classic perfecto styles, but the quality isn't that great at all.

Vintage Belstaff jackets are also lovely and have nothing to do with the crap they're doing now under the Italian ownership.

The Margiela basic's super nice and I'm a proud owner of two (black & brown suede). If money's less of a problem I'd check Ann Demeulemeester too and then there's Carol Christian Poell. My friend once bought one his woven biker jackets for 500 euros from the Corso Como outlet in Milan...

Last edited by a moderator:
tuomas said:
^With your budget I'd browse the sites and stores faust mentioned or hunt for a vintage Lewis Leathers or Perfecto.They're the real thing if you're after a classic biker style, as it seems from your DH posts. Then there's APC, they do classic perfecto styles, but the quality isn't that great at all.

Vintage Belstaff jackets are also lovely and have nothing to do with the crap they're doing now under the Italian ownership.

The Margiela basic's super nice and I'm a proud owner of two (black & brown suede). If money's less of a problem I'd check Ann Demeulemeester too and then there's Carol Christian Poell. My friend once bought one his woven biker jackets for 500 euros from the Corso Como outlet in Milan...

Nice and nice B)

The nicest jacket I've seen recently was from the last A/W Anne D collection. It was made from a waxy, raincoatish black leather and had a loose, spider's web black wool knit wide waistband. Anyone else love that jacket?

A bit off-thread, but anyway, this has reminded me that I have a red oxblood-ish Costume National leather jacket that I bought from harvey Nichols last year. I love it, but I never wear it so I feel guilty about the money I splurged. It has a wool knit collar, waistband and cuffs and a flap that fastens across in classic biker style.

It's a size 52 by the way. If anyone's interested in taking it off my hands and relieving my guilt, I'll try and take some decent pics.

dontbecruel said:
The nicest jacket I've seen recently was from the last A/W Anne D collection. It was made from a waxy, raincoatish black leather and had a loose, spider's web black wool knit wide waistband. Anyone else love that jacket?

mee, mee, mee. i only saw the leather version for women though (but I tried to fit it on me, honestly :lol:). I almost bought the wool version for myself, but it did not feel right on my body somehow...

00260m.jpg
00110m.jpg

men style

hermès, bottega veneta 06-07

...gimme gimme...

wow those schott jacket's look great! djflame have you got a picture of you wearing it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
katiekar
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->