Best mens leather jacket?

I've impressed by Bottega Veneta too, looks like really high quality jackets. Style wise I really like what Cloak is doing. As for Dior, maybe the earlier collections. That's for the non-budget options.

For reasonable prices I'd definitely go the vintage path. I wouldn't drop thousands on a designer brand before exploring what's out there in term of cool used classic leather jackets.

RobbertJan said:
wow those schott jacket's look great! djflame have you got a picture of you wearing it?
Nope. camera is some sh*tty webcam that only takes half my torso.

Actually Lad Musician offers nice jackets too. I personally feel that the leather jackets from the current season (Metal Box SS06) gives a very spacy outlook. Horse leather and yea its slim.

Actually I agreed with the Lad Musician idea. Only problem is its scarcity in North America.

Is this Ann Demeulemeester jacket worth it at all?

61601blka.jpg

Can't believe I missed the margiela jacket... although I comfort myself by thinking that it was a size too big anyway.

^ definitely, i'm getting one for myself soon enough...

battles said:
^ definitely, i'm getting one for myself soon enough...

:woot::heart:

Ann's leather is truly amazing (and is usually VERY expensive)

duke83 - may we have a credit for that picture please. Thank you :flower:

that picture came from the aloharag.com store.
which ann's jacket would you prefer though? This one (from luisaviaroma) or the previous one?
0002.jpg

I personally think luisaviaroma's is nicer because of the cut, but not too keen on the zipper. They're priced around the same range.

I much prefer the luisaviaroma one. It has a more classic cut. The first one looks more like a shirt than a jacket, to me.

first one (sorry tang :flower:) - i find it more interesting.

No worries, faust! I don't have to worry about you buying the last one in my size! :lol: :wink:

It may just be the picture, but I'm not fond of the one at Aloharag. I'd go with the one at LVR. That said, it is definitely a very basic-looking jacket, though I'm sure it's gorgeous when seen and tried on in person.

Speaking of Ann D, I recently scoped out a leather blazer at Butch Blum in Seattle. The price tag was more or less insane ($2500~, IIRC), but Goddamn, so beautiful. It was this odd washed, wrinkled leather... Gorgeous texture and hand. If that LVR jacket is anything like it, pictures will NOT do it justice at all.

tangerine said:
No worries, faust! I don't have to worry about you buying the last one in my size! :lol: :wink:

:lol:

Andrew, indeed the leather is very similar, even better than on the blazer, IMHO.

the first one is made out of kangaroo leather, and the second is made out of calfskin leather. Both are priced about 2K, but I think I could do slightly better with that amount.

Do you guys think I could get this jacket tailored from the sides, and arms (too wide). It is a size 48, and it is much too large for me now. I'm not sure what the leather is, but its got pretty thick hide. Definetely not lambskin that's for sure.
guc012.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
katiekar
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->