Best Sunscreen

I'm using Wotnot 25% zinc oxide at the moment (3 days and counting) and really liking it (having finally worked out how to apply anhydrous sunscreens without leaving an oil slick on my face :clap:)

http://wotnot.com.au/wotnot-family-products.htm

Ingredients: grapeseed oil, safflower oil, sesame oil, candellila wax, beeswax, carnauba wax, shea butter, gmo-free vitamin e, purified water, aloe vera*, naticide. Active: zinc oxide (250mg/g) (*certified organic ingredients)

Zinc particle size (mean) = 7 microns with nothing nano-sized. (It's not ZinClear though...).

There's also a lot of jojoba in it apparently (not sure why not listed but it's one of my favourite basic ingredients) and no capric/caprylic triglycerides (which don't agree with my skin at all for some reason).

And the naticide gives it a faintly vanilla/almond smell which is really nice too.

So, not one for oily skin and needs careful application, but probably the best sunscreen I've tried in a long time...hopefully it won't separate out before the end of the tube...but it's thicker than similar formulas I've tried, so fingers crossed that will help...:cool:

Last edited by a moderator:
Im looking foor a good tinted sunscreen! Im
Very pale but would like a tiny bit colour on my face!!anY suggestions or recommandations?
Posted via Mobile Device

i own the aveeno tinted moisturizer. it looked patchy on my skin so i cant reccomend it. however i was putting it on OVER my normal moisturizer so that might have caused the patchiness.

i also use a tinted moisturizer from JK jemma kidd. it isnt patchy at all. :flower:

I have just started using BurnOut Eco Sensitive Zinc Oxide Sunscreen SPF 32. I have normal to combination skin and I need to use a moisturizer with this or it dries my skin out. I would say that it sinks right in, doesn't leave me shiny and I don't notice a white cast.

I have had to work with this sunscreen because it does cause some dryness to my skin. The other problem I had in the beginning was it leaves a very slight tacky feeling to my skin, not sticky but my fingers couldn't slip over my skin very well. Liquid foundation didn't spread very easily... the first time I applied it I looked like I was wearing a mask! I was able to apply hyaluronic acid serum over it and it wears nicely now. Thanks to Rayoflight for the expert advice on this product.

It seems like a lot of work just to wear a sunscreen but it is worth it to me. I am out in the direct sun a moderate amount on a daily basis and I need the protection it offers me. So far, so good. :flower:

I like Shiseido Ultimate Sun Protection Lotion. It's one of the only sunscreens that I've used that doesn't have an unbearable greasy feel to it.

Does anyone have a recommendation for a sunscreen with UVA and UVB protection that will work for sensitive skin and not cause breakouts? I've been using Shiseido one for a few weeks and its made me breakout, but its good otherwise in that it hasn't irritated my skin

i want t try Skinceuticals Sheer Physical UV Defense or Physical Fusion UV Defense.
Anybody ever used one of them? My skin is combination and I hate sunscreens that shine.

Recently bought the Shiseido Urban Environment UV Protection Cream SPF 50...
Finally back in sunscreen love.
It's by far my favorite since my mythical decade-long HG Lancome UV Expert, in fact if it continues like this without breaking me out (never had a prob with Shiseido), it will surpass Lancome for me.

It is a fantastic primer, does its job keeping me from tanning, and is moisturizing and smoothing without being sticky nor white. It makes my foundation look gorgeous and dewy, as well as last all day.

I should have bought it earlier in the summer, but I still had my Anthelios...which is a joke in comparison--white, greasy, horrible primer...balls up and melts down foundation, and you still get tan).

The Shiseido is in fact very similar in consistency and efficacy to the Lancome. Differences:

*less expensive (Shiseido=37Euros for 50mls, Lancome was something like 60 dollars for 30 mls...)
*Lancome had tiny reflective particles in it for cosmetic purposes, but this does not. Which i prefer.

High end, I like La Mer Fluide SPF 30

More affordable, I like Eucerin SPF 30 because I like that it also has a higher content of physical sunscreen. Don't be put off if when applying, it looks a little white. Give it a few minutes and it will dry clear.

I've been using Clinique SPF 30+ it is slightly oily but it could just be my skin which is naturally oily anyway. It didn't last very long though. I use a different sunscreen for the rest of my body i use Banana Boat.

Once I've used up the sunscreens I have now, I think that I'm going to switch back to Shiseido. Their sun products really are the best I've used, especially when it comes to preventing a tan. The price on the other hand...

For my face, Aveeno Ultra Calming Moisturizer spf 30.

For my body, Neutrogena Dry Touch spf 30.
Posted via Mobile Device

Discovered the Face Shop Natural Sun AQ Power Long Lasting Sunscreen with SPF 45 and PA +++. Thoroughly enjoying this, the texture is similar to a BB Cream (I haven't tried it but tested on the back of my hand) only without the coverage, so it also makes a great primer has it leaves your skin smooth and minimises oilness during the day but still allowing some natural glow. It also contains acaiberry, which is nice and adds a bit of berry scent, so those with sensitive skin should avoid it or at least grab some samples.

for those who use it, how long does a bottle of the chanel sunscreen lasts?

The M.A.C. Prep+Prime Protect FPS 50 is a great one. It is not only a sunscreen but also a makeup primer, so it is oil-free and it helps to make pores look smaller. It also gives your skin a matte finish that stays on for quite long.
I live in Rio where is too hot and too humid, and this baby works amazingly. You can tell you still have it on by how little your pores look and how matte your skin is.

I know there have been discussions in the past as to how much sunscreen someone should be applying to the face...I'm wondering what everyone's opinions are on moisturizer with SPF? How much moisturizer with SPF would I need to apply to my face in order to ensure the SPF is doing it's job?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trashmagic
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->