Best Sunscreen

I have been reading your post, your experience and knowledge is amazing.
I was wondering which sun cream would you recommed? I am trying to keep away from silicone and the rest as I am using Organic Argan oil on my skin and it does wonders to my skin.
thank you :smile:

Not sure if I'm the right person to ask since I don't mind silicones on my skin, and the sunscreens I hold in high regard all contain them. Plus, I've had horrible experiences with natural sunscreens (ones that say they are free from list of certain things), they aren't as well tolerated by my skin and in my observation, protection isn't as good, despite having high dose of zinc oxide in them. I don't fully trust the 'simple' formulas any more. But that's just me and my skin. :ninja:
My rather short list, in no particular order, would be:
Or maybe you could try Epicuren SPF 20 Zinc Sunscreen? It's free of many things people associate with bad in skin care. Or Burnout Eco-Sensitive sunscreen with SPF 32. It's nice and not too white, but I found I irritated my skin and gave me blackheads after a while. Nevertheless, other people rate it as the best daily sunscreen for their face and it's a good value compared to the other sunscreens. :innocent:

I use Paula´s Choice Extra Care Non-Greasy Sunscreen SPF 45 and this is the first sunscreen I love.:heart:

Do you guys think applying sunscreen once a day is enough? Or should I reapply it several times a day?

What are you doing during the day?

I put it on once, when I'm getting ready in the morning. There's just so much I can do ...

Skinceuticals Physical Fusion UV Defense SPF 50

No words to describe how insane this sunscreen is

Do you guys think applying sunscreen once a day is enough? Or should I reapply it several times a day?

The FDA says you should reapply:
  • Use sunscreens with broad spectrum SPF values of 15 or higher regularly and as directed.
  • Limit time in the sun, especially between the hours of 10 a.m. and 2 p.m., when the sun’s rays are most intense.
  • Wear clothing to cover skin exposed to the sun; for example, long-sleeved shirts, pants, sunglasses, and broad-brimmed hats.
  • Reapply sunscreen at least every 2 hours, more often if you’re sweating or jumping in and out of the water.
http://www.fda.gov/ForConsumers/ConsumerUpdates/ucm049090.htm#TipsforApplyingSunscreen

I have a quick question that I'm hoping someone could help me with. So I recently purchased a sunscreen and foundation from Neutrogena containing titanium dioxide. For some of you that have tried products containing titanium dioxide, did it ever cause any inflammation/pain on your face? After applying both those products, my skin started to turn red and burn. Idk if it's because of this distinct ingredient or if it's because of a whitening soap I'm currently using.

I have a quick question that I'm hoping someone could help me with. So I recently purchased a sunscreen and foundation from Neutrogena containing titanium dioxide. For some of you that have tried products containing titanium dioxide, did it ever cause any inflammation/pain on your face? After applying both those products, my skin started to turn red and burn. Idk if it's because of this distinct ingredient or if it's because of a whitening soap I'm currently using.

I've had all kinds of filters sting/burn on my skin with one product and same filters cause no awful sensation at all in a different sunscreen. It's possible that it's the TiO2 that is causing your skin grief, especially if the whitening soap you mention has some exfoliating ingredient in it, acids (lactic, glycolic, kojic etc.) or enzymes (papain, bromelain). The exfoliation makes skin more sensitive and you might get reactions from products that worked fine before.
In any case, I'd switch to a different sunscreen. You do your skin no favors by irritating it. :ninja:

I'm just guessing here but it probably isn't the titanium dioxide itself, rather other ingredients in the SPF (I'm positive there are parabens and artificial fragrances in Neutrogena's). I would switch to a fragrance-free SPF. You could also try a zinc-oxide based sunscreen (which actually offers better protection, though it can leave a whitish cast on the face).

Both Mentholatum Sunplay Skin Aqua UV whitening moisture gel (SPF25 PA++) and Hada Labo Air UV (SPF30 PA+++) feel very light on skin - so light that I usually apply a boatload of these because I feel like I don't have sunscreen on.

For body I like this Hello Kitty SPF50 PA+++ aerosol spray. I don't know what the brand is.. (Sanrio? I don't care for Hello Kitty but this can is incredibly cheap) I love it because it is not sticky at all like other sunblock sprays. It has a cool powdery finish that is perfect for hot and humid climate. However the downside is that it has a strong artificial bubble gum/perfume smell, also the container is kind of small (22ml) so it is gone pretty quickly.

It is a shame that these are not water-resistant -- I go swimming at the beach almost every day so I have to use Hawaiian Tropic/Banana Boat with super high SPF (that will never ever last that long because the water washes it away duh). They get the job done I guess but make me break out horribly...:cry: So, if anyone knows a good sunscreen for swimming, I would greatly appreciate it!:flower:

(BTW, is it normal to feel a tingly/peel burn sensation when applying such heavy duty sunscreen? It happens to all the brands I have tried.)

^I'm sure it's not normal!

For swimming I use La Roche Anthelios or Clarins and I think they stay on as long as I'm in the water, but I reapply it after swimming nevertheless.

Anyone know of a good, lightweight, non-clogging, inexpensive sunscreen?

If anyone has an answer to this, I'd love to know too. I tried Devita's sunscreen, but it broke me out and made my eyes sting like no other. Once I run out of my Oil of Olay sunscreen, I'm going to try The Honest Company's sunscreen. I hear good things about it.

Anyone know of a good, lightweight, non-clogging, inexpensive sunscreen?
Vichy Capital Soleil SPF 50 Mattifying Face Fluid Dry Touch was my last year's winner. I've tried many different ones over the years, but this one is really comfortable to wear (easily absorbed, non-sticky, lightweight) and the only one that didn't break me out while it's also providing a good base for my foundation. And it's around 15€. :smile: I'll probably buy it again, but I'm also tempted to try something new, maybe from La Roche Posay Anthelios line?

institut esthederm has great sunscreens that work nice with my dry sensitive skin, I use the orange version for face and body - it smells nice and has never caused me sunburnt BUT it is very expensive sadly (purchasing can go through beautybay / beautyexpert - both UK sites)

la roche posay anthelios also has good sunscreens but they don't work well with my contact lenses, something in the cream works irritating - otherwise a good product!

for a quick touch me up when going into the city or when I don't want to hassle, I like the peter thomas roth mineral powder brush (yellow sticker) with spf 30

I've been using Even Better SPF 45 physical sunscreen for like two weeks and I still prefer Super City Block SPF 40 instead, keeps skin shine free way better.

I'm still on the lookout for a good daily facial sunscreen for my combination skin.

It's pretty sensitive to sunscreen for some reason. I tried Avene 50+ creme and it broke me out in tiny red bumps! I got my mother to test it on her arm and the same thing happened to her which is strange.

I'm gonna give La Roche-Posay Anthelios a go since quite a few of you guys liked it!

@Miwi, hmm I never tried the Vichy, maybe it's worth trying!

@ Valkyrie, I agree about the La Roche Posay Anthelios, it's good for the skin but it stings my eyes, plus it isn't a good base for my foundation; it's a bit sticky or moves around or something.

My non-negotiable criteria are: works as a good primer for foundation, high SPF (50 or so), and moisturizing. Obviously it shouldn't break me out or dry me out either. My absolute faves are Lancome's UV Expert SPF 50 or Shiseido Urban Environment UV Protection Cream. For inexpensive options I like the Nivea SPF 50 I get in Japan.

@Miwi, hmm I never tried the Vichy, maybe it's worth trying!

@ Valkyrie, I agree about the La Roche Posay Anthelios, it's good for the skin but it stings my eyes, plus it isn't a good base for my foundation; it's a bit sticky or moves around or something.

My non-negotiable criteria are: works as a good primer for foundation, high SPF (50 or so), and moisturizing. Obviously it shouldn't break me out or dry me out either. My absolute faves are Lancome's UV Expert SPF 50 or Shiseido Urban Environment UV Protection Cream. For inexpensive options I like the Nivea SPF 50 I get in Japan.

We get the Nivea SPF 50 here, I might try that, thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->