• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) We may experience a temporary downtime. Thanks for the patience.

Björk

Originally posted by brian@Aug 13 2004, 10:33 PM
so, did you guys see??
... i missed it :cry:
[snapback]331580[/snapback]​
Yup, I personally didn't enjoy it (not really a Bjork fan), although it was visually very stunning. I'm also a bit suprised they didn't select someone from their home country...

:shock: OMG I f*cking loved the whole opening show, particularly the greek mythology bit, f8cking amazing amazing amazing! :heart: :heart: :heart:

the bjork preformance was soooooooo good as well, the dress was to die for, especially the extreamly long train that covered the audience, with the map :heart: :heart: :heart: the song was beautiful as well, the only problem was stupid katie kurik would stop talking so you could hardly hear the song! :( :angry:

Originally posted by Spacemiu@Aug 13 2004, 10:42 PM
the song was beautiful as well, the only problem was stupid katie kurik would stop talking so you could hardly hear the song! :(  :angry:
[snapback]331586[/snapback]​

EXACTLY!!!! :angry: I was appalled and outright disgusted by their complete lack of respect for Bjork's majestic performance. And they ALWAYS must mention that swan dress! Obviously,a couple of twits with no appreciation for artistry. She was magnificent despite barely hearing her. And that dress Sophia K. did was amazing with the train as you mentioned,stretching over the atheletes to make a map...that was utterly breathtaking and so "right".

Originally posted by Scott@Aug 13 2004, 09:44 PM
that was utterly breathtaking and so "right".
[snapback]331625[/snapback]​

exactly! :heart:

WORLD UNITY!

The outfit/mask is by super talented icelandic designer shoplifter :heart:

who bjork has worn before

Bjork's site now has the video for Oceania as well as a 'Medulla player' that contains song samples from the album.

Bjork

oceanialive.jpg

Originally posted by mxggies@Aug 6 2004, 07:45 PM
what kind of music does she sing?
[snapback]323664[/snapback]​

i can't really place it into a definite genre, but i think of it as trance. haha :flower:

Originally posted by bridget@Aug 16 2004, 03:16 PM
:cry: doesn't work
[snapback]334549[/snapback]​

Try the link I posted above. That should take you to Bjork's official site. from there you can click on the link to the Medulla page.

thank you Spacemiu, is there any link to the designer's work?

The NYT has a great slideshow featuring Bjork on it's website. She is modeling clothes by As Four, Hussein Chalayan, AF Vandervorst, Comme des Garcons and Denise Ho. :heart:

NYT

Bjork looks incredible in this editorial featured in the New York Times. I love her style. :heart: :flower:

Bjork

Interesting. She's certainly something else, but this time in a good way....

Beautiful. Excellent styling job and a choice of clothes. Too bad the Sunday issue is off the stands, I would've picked it up.

gorgeous! she is so wonderful. the photos have a slight antique feel ( to me) i love the denise ho. anyone know where i can see more denise ho's work?? :flower:

thank you for sharing this!! :heart:

Originally posted by chickonspeed@Aug 17 2004, 11:44 AM
I :heart: Paolo Roversi.
[snapback]335592[/snapback]​
ditto...but i found the styling rather boring...i love the cdg satin...but with bjork and paolo you have a rare oopporunity do do something truly breathtaking and this just wasn't it...

...how about some rochas...mcqueen...etc... not my fave...i'm somewhat disappointed ...nothing takes my breath away anymore...why is that?...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chelseaboys
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->