Blogging your way into fashion week

Reaction score
I've noticed a some people who started fashion or beauty blogs become
web celebrities and get invited to fashion shows. How do they go about doing that? Do they just apply as press (is a blog considered media?) or do they just get lucky and get invited?

Just like how TSF needs fashion forward members, fashion shows need an audience. Sometimes small designers don't know where to build their audience, so they send out invites to bloggers. I've gotten a few invites to aspiring designers' fashion shows, including one from Project Runway. I guess from there bloggers network and go to bigger shows.

I live in California, so you can imagine my frustration of not being able to attend a New York show.

I live in California, so you can imagine my frustration of not being able to attend a New York show.

I have had invites to LA Fashion Week and an up and coming New York designer from my blog and I live in the UK, so imagine my extreme frustration.

I have had invites to LA Fashion Week and an up and coming New York designer from my blog and I live in the UK, so imagine my extreme frustration.

oh? pardon my weird question...but why didn;t you just fly there?

i read a blog entry somewhere that explained how Chanel had invited a number of bloggers to visit the headquarters in rue cambon. they visited the ateliers, the chanel suite at the Ritz, the apartment, they met Jacques Helleu...

how AMAZING is that? jsut for blogging!!!

i read on someones blog they were invited to a gucci black tie event

i'm going to start a blog

Start on blogspot.com and then just find other fashion blogs and ask them to add you to their "network". Once you build up an interesting blog, then you can get ads put on ect.

oh? pardon my weird question...but why didn;t you just fly there?

I don't think bloggers get paid that much :lol:]

Susie_bubble seems to always be invited to shows... she'd know a lot.
I want to start a blog too ^_^

oh and btw, if you want to go .com on blogspot.com, it's only 10 bucks a year!! That is extremely cheap. :heart:

I'm working at a fashion PR company for fashion week and i've noticed a load of requests for access from bloggers - and whether or not they're given a ticket totally depends on the mood of whoever handles that account, but also something as simple as how professionally presented the request is - nice fonts, proper grammar, all that. It might even be more important than how the site itself looks, because they don't always have time to click through to it. Mentioning other writing clips definitely helps, and so does having a really style-y name. But I've also seen them laugh at some requests. All that said, I've been surprised at how open they've been to most - I thought there'd be more old-world fashion snobbery.

I know, I have my own and I need to to start requesting invites for fashion week. Not that my blog is particularly good...

You could possibly approach an existing Blog, and request to be a freelance Blogger for them - send them your stories to post. This way you can approach fashion week, trade shows etc under an existing Blog. The power of a Blog is Global which is an amazing form to exposure for any designer.
The is a new fashion one Leblackbook.blogspot.com that may be worth contacting.
Hope this helps :smile:

I sent a few e mails, but I realized that as a blogger we have to be twice professional as normal press, then we have still a lot to prove...

It happened to me, that someone said: I dont know how it works for "press". I didn´t like the "". I guess nobody knows what is exactly going on right now...:shock:

I think it really depends on what your blog is about, the readership and whether or not the powers that be feel your blog readers match up with their preferred clientele. Some people/places are very open to the idea of bloggers attending their shows - others not so much...

I'm working at a fashion PR company for fashion week and i've noticed a load of requests for access from bloggers - and whether or not they're given a ticket totally depends on the mood of whoever handles that account, but also something as simple as how professionally presented the request is - nice fonts, proper grammar, all that. It might even be more important than how the site itself looks, because they don't always have time to click through to it. Mentioning other writing clips definitely helps, and so does having a really style-y name. But I've also seen them laugh at some requests. All that said, I've been surprised at how open they've been to most - I thought there'd be more old-world fashion snobbery.

I can't even get tickets to some of the shows and I am doing an MA in Fashion Journalism at LCF alongside writing a fashion blog :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rakuskoangel
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->